32.

"It's not too late in this one."

Ryujin laughed, looking at Yeji who immediately began chuckling at her response. Both of them settling into a laughing fit, Yeji leaning close to Ryujin and resting her head against her shoulder.

"You always have cheesy words ready, don't you?" Yeji said once her laughter subsided.

"They come easy." She defended, enjoying the physical contact.

Busying herself with her coffee cup, they fell into silence. The warmth feeling nice inside her, warming her up. She couldn't tell if it was the coffee or the physical contact.

"Get your things." Ryujin said, suddenly breaking their silence.

Yeji stepped away, moving to lean on the counter across from her, coffee mug warming up both her hands. "What?"

"Come with me to my place. Let's spend the holidays there. And before you say no, just know that I am not letting you spend them alone here. Besides, my apartment looks a lot more livable than this place does currently."

Yeji eyed her, searching for something. Perhaps hesitation. Then she sighed, sipping her coffee before placing the mug on the counter.

"Okay."

"Cool." Ryujin replied, amused by the way Yeji tilted her head. Probably still expecting her to take back her suggestion.

Yeji hummed, "Great." she let out before turning around and leaving.

Ryujin cleaned up, washing the coffee mugs and busying herself looking at the house she had once lived in.

Then she moved to the elevator and pushed the third floor button. She had only been there once before and never had she stepped past the hallway.

"Yeji?" she called out, peaking from the elevator door.

"Here." The familiar voice yelled out from near the end of the hallway. It was strange, that instead of immediately getting upset at her for invading her precious third floor, Yeji had instead responded and waited for Ryujin to approach.

Walking towards her voice was nerve wracking. That had always been one of the biggest rules between them. That Yeji's floor was off limits.

She hesitated but eventually opened the door that wasn't completely closed, slowly and smiled at the view.

Yeji going through her clothes and folding them to put them into her traveling bag, looking up at her with a smile.

"So this is the forbidden room." Ryujin spoke, walking in and turning around to take in the sight before her.

Yeji chuckled at her comment, watching as she explored her bedroom. "There's not much to see, actually."

"Then why the mystery?" Ryujin questioned, looking at the paintings on the walls. No doubt Yeji's artworks. "I like these."

Yeji smiled, "Thanks. That one on the left was my very first painting. The other was my final artwork in college. Spent weeks on it."

"It's impressive. You're impressive."

Yeji's eyes looked down, focused on her fidgeting fingers. "It's actually inspired by us."

"Really?" Ryujin asked, eyes widening at the information. Seeing it from a new light, she noted the way the painting conveyed sadness. Making her click her tongue before turning to face Yeji.

"I hope your next one about us is happier." she offered, earning a small smile from the other woman.

"Who says there will be another one about us?"

Ryujin shrugged, sitting down on Yeji's bed. "Most artists get inspired by their partners."

"Partner?" Yeji questioned, raising an eyebrow at her before she got up and moved closer to Ryujin.

"Of course." She teased, making Yeji chuckle before rolling her eyes.

"My beautiful partner, hopefully. One day." Ryujin offered, reaching to pull Yeji close to her.

"You're that confident about it?"

Ryujin got up, making the two stand without much space left between each other. "Aren't you?" she asked, challenging Yeji to tell her that such thing was impossible. And quietly observing as Yeji couldn't do it.

"I have an opportunity to come back." She announced, leaving her staring in surprise. "I'm not sure if it will work out so I didn't want to tell you and give you false hope. But there's this job, in Seoul."

Ryujin smiled widely, even if it wasn't a sure thing. Even if there was a chance that Yeji wouldn't actually come back. Because of what it meant.

Yeji still considered coming back. As much as she loved Paris, Yeji still allowed herself to consider the possibility of moving back to Seoul. And that meant something, didn't it?

"Don't smile." Yeji complained, squeezing her cheeks and trying to wipe that smile off her face. "It's not a sure thing yet."

"Do you want it to be?" Ryujin questioned, Yeji's hands still resting on her face.

"Maybe partner doesn't sound so bad."

"Yeah? Girlfriend? Wife?"

"Don't push your luck."

Ryujin chuckled. "Just testing it out."

Yeji rolled her eyes, before she wrapped her arms around her waist and caused her to smile.

"Wifey."

Yeji immediately slapped her arm.