28.

Apparently there was some fair with rides going on close by and everyone seemed to be interested in attending it. Ryujin hadn't been to one in possibly years so despite not being the biggest fan of several rides, she missed experiencing it.

As soon as the group arrived, they split into groups since some wanted to go to a ride and others to another. Ryujin somehow ended up sandwiched between Karina and Yeji, who looked to be at odds with each other. Ridiculous if you ask her but nobody did. The two just seemed to constantly glance at each other and throw judgmental looks at the other for no reason at all.

It was stupid really, since Ryujin and Karina would probably get along well if they gave each other a chance. Yet here they are, glaring at each other and looking like two bodyguards one on each side of her.

"I hate it so much." Ryujin yelled, hiding her face into Yeji's neck as the ride continued to go up and down way too fast. As she continued to yell her heart out, eyes shut close as tightly as possible. Karina seemed to want to comfort her and immediately reached for her hand which Ryujin happily held onto. Perhaps too tightly.

Panting and holding herself up with her hands on her knees, Ryujin took a moment to catch her breath. Karina laughing at the way she reacted to the ride they had just got off of. And Yeji resting a hand on her back but chuckling as well.

It was nice that both seemed to want to care for her but Ryujin felt pressure to choose between them. Or at least tell them who she cared for. Although she shouldn't feel such pressure. Couldn't they just spend time together without this being some weird competition?

Luckily the others joined them soon after and Ryujin quickly went over to Lia, holding her arm and beginning to walk towards another ride. Yuna entertaining Yeji and Karina getting to know Chaeryeong.

A few rides later, Karina, Lia and Chaeryeong excused themselves to another ride and so did the other three. Yuna wanted to go on a ferris wheel and apparently Yeji had never been to one so she happily joined the both of them.

Again, Ryujin found herself in the middle but this time it was more relaxing. The three of them focusing on snapping photos of the view and each other. It was fun and all of them smiled as they spent time together.

"I can't believe I had never done this before." Yeji muttered, looking at the view and smiling widely.

Ryujin could hardly contain her own smile, shaking her head.

"What?"

"I'm not surprised."

Yeji slapped her arm but the smile remained in place. "You're speaking as if I haven't lived."

She only shrugged, offering the woman a smile while looking at her with caring eyes. "Not until I came into your live."

The other didn't dare argue, only staring back at her with a soft smile. The two ending up in a staring contest with smiles that just wouldn't fade away.

Yuna seemed distracted, taking photos of the view and focusing on the outside and Ryujin found herself thankful for it because once they reached the top and the ride stopped for a moment, she couldn't contain herself. Her hand moving to Yeji's cheek and lips touching hers. Too softly but with all the intent.

Yeji kissed her back yet it was only a brief kiss as they quickly distanced each other not to make Yuna feel awkward about it were she to notice.

Luckily her sister was far too distracted and only looked back at both of them after they were already sitting quietly. Both of them with shy smiles and sharing gazes all through the rest of the ride.

After the ride, the two of them ended up playing a few games and falling into a healthy competition that ended in Ryujin winning and Yeji pouting until she chuckled and gave her the toy she had won. Which Yeji proceeded to give to a little girl walking by, making her stare in admiration at the woman she loved.

"What?" Yeji asked, catching her staring.

Ryujin only smiled and shrugged before walking away and joining their friends.

It was strange to be that happy and comfortable with Yeji yet not knowing what the future held. Or rather, not knowing if they could ever have one.

It was too nice to pass up on and Ryujin knew that she would come to regret never giving them a shot.

Did Yeji ever feel that way?

The group stopped to buy some food and Karina took it upon her to steal food from Ryujin. Something that had always bothered her when people did but she didn't want to be seen as rude so she remained quiet.

Noticing that Yeji had yet again, as she often had done during their engagement, chosen something she came not to enjoy, Ryujin rolled her eyes. Quickly exchanging some of their food and noticing how Yeji lit up at the action, beginning to happily eat her food.

Karina seemed to not enjoy the exchange so Ryujin settled for placing her arm around her shoulder so she wouldn't ruin the mood. She just wanted everyone to be alright and nothing to ruin such day. Was that so much to ask for?