Chapter 2

*Author's note: hello to those who are waiting to read my new chapters of my first Tom and Jerry fanfic. Sorry its took me a while. but I had a lot in mind for the outlaying of the story and finally came up with a bit of it to use for this chapter. I hope you all enjoy. 😊

Meanwhile, on the other side of town, newly recruited mafia member, Thomas Mooreland, a 27 year old orphan from the streets of New York, had just finished his sniper training from the outskirts of Syracuse and was about to be prepped for his first assignment.

Of course, as young and tough he may look, he was also very much nervous and fidgety over the whole thing.

Secretly, his reason for joining with the mafia clan was to simply escape the poverty stricken area of the homelessness and reside to a safer and secluded lavish mansion in hopes he can have a full stomach for the rest of his life.

But what he didn't understand is, that there are dire consequences to his decision in joining with one of the most notorious gangsters in New York.

And if he ever so chooses to get cold feet, he'll know personally from the big man himself, that leaving was never going to be an option.

Inside the garden fronted home of a 7 foot tall granite stone villa, lies a secret hideout for Mafia head leader Stefano Ferrari, aka Butch, and his men to conduct their everyday meetings and with a secret of weapons.

Thomas was near the boss's office room
along with the Russo brothers Topsy, Lightening and Meathead, who were all at the time, waiting for their daily dose of assignments.

The four were in complete silence until suddenly out of nowhere, Butch appeared in the flesh with a smile that can make even the bravest man, shiver under in fear.

"Thomas! My main man of the hour. Get over here kid. Have I got a special assignment for you." Butch said with a cunning smile while wrapping an arm around Thomas's shoulders and escorting him to his office.

While the Russo brothers from afar, stared on in envy.

For the 5 years that they have worked with Butch, they have never felt more bitter rage for the new guys like Thomas, who are always coming in and stealing their jobs right off the bat.

Which seemed to have made all three very furious, quick.

It was obvious how much attention he was getting from the boss and thought that they deserved better than to be thrown away like trash.

"Heh, teachers pet." Lightening muttered under his breath as he crosses his arms tightly in dismay.

"Well, maybe someone outta teach him how to respect the big boys around here. What do you say, guys? Shall we give him a lesson or what?" Topsy suggested while he punched his hand lightly with his fist.

"I wouldn't do it, if I were you." Meathead warned.

"Why not big bro?" Topsy asked, confused.

"You heard what the boss said, we don't touch him and if we do, we're dead meat. That's the rules. We don't start something that can't be finished or else he'll have us back out on the street, broke with nowhere to sleep." Meathead advised.

"What?! This is not fair! So what do we do now? Are we just going to stand there and watch him take all the credit? We deserve to be the underdogs of this joint, not him!" Topsy objected, angrily.

Despite the age difference between him and the other members of the clan, Topsy had no trouble telling anybody off, especially if it's something that he felt like he and his brothers have rightfully deserved.

"Patience, little brother. Soon, when the right time comes, we'll get him where it hurts the most. And nobody will have to know a thing about it. But until that opportunity comes, we wait for now." Meathead explained.

"Fine. But you better be right about this." Topsy said, bitterly as the three decided to take no action while they watched their boss takes Thomas under his wing and closed the door behind them in his office.

Afterwards, Butch cooly hopped into his chair and swiveled around in it, before relaxing his feet on top of his desk.

"Sit down kid. I wanna talk to ya for a second." Butch said, as Thomas slowly sat down on a chair in front of him, with his shoulders still stiffed up, anxiously.

"Uh, sure. Um...what is it exactly that you need boss? Sir?"  Thomas asked in a nervous wince, hoping that he somehow not rubbing the boss off the wrong way and on the first day at that.

In all of his years of training, he had never got called on by the big man himself, before.

So this whole experience was by far considered to be both terrifying and exciting in his mind.

Butch, of course, who was observing Thomas's reaction, simply laughed out in mockery before he continued the conversation.

"Haha. Congratulations kid. I've got a new hit for you. A real one that could do you some good from your training." Butch explained while pulling out a stack of folders from underneath a co and placed it on top of the desk

"What?! Now? B..but I'm not..." Thomas tried to object, frantically.

He didn't think that he was able to take a serious job this fast.

And it almost felt like a promotion as well as an ambush too.

"Listen here kid, you'll be ready when I tell ya, you're ready. Look, you've got the skills and the brains to pull off this kind of deal and I trust that you'll do well. So don't waste your time squandering it over some petty, useless targets when you've got your eyes on the price." Butch persuaded with a wink.

"O...okay, then." Thomas agreed while nodding his head in acknowledgement.

Hopefully, this target will be easy to take out and he would not have to worry anything about it, afterwards.

"Atta boy! Now here, take this file. It'll give you the details of the location on where he works and where he would be during his day offs. Follow the guy around if you have to. And remember, to always pull that one trigger right through his head with no leaving traces of evidence or witnesses behind. So, disappoint me." Butch instructed in a darkly smooth tone  as Thomas slowly took ahold of the file folder with his trembling hands and saluted him in agreement.

"T....thank you. I won't let you down, sir." Thomas said nervously.

"Heh, I know you won't. Now go, time is ticking." Butch said as Thomas immediately stood up from his chair and left the office room in a hurry.

The big man then watched him leave with a smile so evilly, while he clasped his hands together as if he has a bigger plan in mind.

To which, he actually does.

Because inside that folder that Thomas had yet to open, was contained with documents of map locations, photos of his work place, and a picture of a young man wearing a bright smile across his face.

With the name underlined as Jerome Rodriguez.