Chapter 3

*Author's Note: Hi everyone, sorry for those who have been waiting for this story, but I'm back again with another exciting chapter. If you forget, Jerome is Jerry. Enjoy! :)

Back in the main streets of New York, Jerome, who was on his way now to the city of Buffalo, decided to use the whole 'day off' as an opportunity to work on a recent case that has been perking up the ears of the journalism community for several months now.

It was pertained to a mysterious unsolved murder of a man by the name of Markus Weldon, who like Jerome, was another journalist from The New York Times company.

Word on the street indicated that Weldon was about to uncover a lead on one of the biggest gangs in New York in connection to various crimes such as arms trafficking and even murder.

But before he can determine that the particular gang in question had any actual association to those kinds of crimes, he was brutally killed outside a coffee shop in Buffalo, that was approximately 400 miles away from his actual home in New York City.

Now why in the world was he out there so far into the state?

Many investigators wondered as multiple teams across the area look into the case and came up with different conclusions.

Based on the autopsy report, it was suggested that he was shot point blank in the head with a 38-caliber semi-automatic weapon.

The forensic analysts were even able to confirm that it came from a Smith and Wesson M&P Bodyguard .38 special revolver.

Which made the crime a pure assassination and from a professional who knew what he was doing when he pulled that trigger.

However, as intimating as it seems to be, they still were never able to match the shell casings and bullets to any of the registered guns from all of their potential suspects in the database system. 

So, the case went cold for now.

Although the anticipation and eagerness for others to solve it became a baffling competitive for all journalists, Jerome was willing to accept this as a challenge and opportunity to prove to his boss that he can write better story for the Papers.

When he got to the city, he parked his car nearby to the crime scene, which was literally right outside on the patio tables and chairs of the coffee shop itself.

Where the man had his last sip of coffee before being plucked right between the eyes in front of good knows anybody that unfortunately had to see him fall, face down on the pavement of the sidewalks.

From the looks of the whole scenario, it would seem that the perps who did it had performed a hit and run in the form of a drive by shooting.

Of course, that's what the witnesses have said how it happened during the day of the incident when it quickly hit the breaking news.

But he wanted to see if any of the witnesses had changed their stories, or if they had more information pertaining to the identification of the car that was used in shooting.

So, he decided to walk inside the coffee shop and waited in the long line, like everyone else.

If he was going to be smart and get cooperation out of them, then he needed to be patient and act as if he was just an ordinary customer until he could reach to the front of the registers for his line of questioning.