Chapter 9

As the crossfire-like shooting continued on in a rampage, the people within the building areas panicked all around and eventually got the law enforcement on the line.

Which meant that Tom didn't have a lot of time left and had move fast before the cops can get onto them for being a part of the incident.

One by one, the small mafia members were quickly 'plucked off' by Tom's tactical gun, blowing away their heads to smithereens using his sharpshooting skills.

Until only a few of them remained alive and hiding behind their own vehicle for cover.

That is, before the sirens were immediately heard from a distance, faster than you can speed up time as the remaining mafia men, including the Russo brothers, scramble inside the unmarked van before driving away and retreated as fast as they could have arrived.

The cowards, they were.

"This isn't good. Come on, we have get out of here." Tom said urgently while the two rushed inside Tom's car, so that mafia guys won't track them down so easily and drove off as well.

"Hey Tom, is there by any chance, I can swing aroud my apartment real quick first to...." Jerry was going to say, referring to his until he was interrupted.

"There's no time for that. Any moment now, those men are going to be looking for you and will not hesitate to watch over your place. We need to keep a low profile and find somewhere else to stay until we can be out of their hair for good." Tom advised.

"Well, do you have any ideas in mind?" Jerry asked with his arms crossed.

"I do but... its small and behind an old bar in Bronx street. But, I know the owner there who can help us. That is, if she can behave herself." Tom said, rolling his eyes.

"Alright then. Who is she, by the way?" Jerry asked, curiously.

"My ex-girlfriend. She and I have a lot of unfinished business. But we work well together when we're not fighting." Tom said with a huff of exhaustion.

Talking to her was going to be like listening to a TLC channel version of Housewives.

It was that infuriating.

"That's good to hear. Why did you guys break up, if I may ask?" Jerry asked.

He obviously didn't want to push the subject too much, but was curious to know more about his unknown life.

To Jerry, Tom was still a mystery that needed to be solved.

Like a puzzle, he was that hard to predict.

"Let's just say, she didn't get too lonely at night while I was away, trying to do my job. And it ended very ugly for the both of us." Tom explained while he turns the car towards the Main Street of New York before getting on the road of near Bronx.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When they arrived to the bar, Tom parked the car as the two got out

It was a much older run-down bar than Jerry would expect it to be.

Which was a small two story building with neon lighted sign and a balcony up top.

After Tom walked inside, he was immediately greeted by a few male voice from the small bar in front of him.

"Ah, look at what the cat had dragged in. Nice to see you again, honey." A woman said from behind the bar counter, who wearing a long fancy red dress with blond hair, red lipstick and dark blue eyeshadow.