Chapter 18

Not long later, back at the hotel, Tom had finished prepping his gear and quickly heads out of the room before walking on over to the parking lot of the area for his car.

Until a sudden noise was heard from around the corner that had suddenly got his attention.

As he tracks down the sound coming from an unmarked white van, where a familiar figure was panicking over his now, damaged vehicle.

"Ah man! Someone blew up my tires again! Sigh. I guess it looks like I'll have to take this baby to the shop soon and have them patch up the holes. Though, I hope it doesn't end up costing my whole paycheck though." The voice complained in a groan.

To which, once he turned around a little, Tom was able to recognize the man to be Drake Baskner (Droopy, if you forgot), an FBI agent who has been tracking down his every moves for a long, long time.

I know that guy.

He had me questioned on a few occasions in the FBI interrogation rooms over some of Butch's case files before the mafia lawyers immediately released me out of their hold.

He must have been the one who told Jerry who I was.

Probably the reason why Butch's men got ahold of him a lot faster.

Tom thought with gritted teeth before walking over to the guy from behind.

"Now let's see. Where did I put my -" Baskner pondered over some tools for his car before he was suddenly lifted off the ground in a hitch!

"Ahh! Ahhh!" Baskner screeched in a panic as Tom slams his little short body to the wall!

"Listen up here, you worthless piece of slime ball! Because of you, they kidnapped him! After pulling that little stunt of yours on telling Jerry about my past life, Butch must of somehow tracked us down and took him!" Tom yelled out to him, angrily. 

"What are you talking about? It would have been too late anyways whether I told Jerry about you or not. They still would have taken him out of nowhere and you wouldn't even know it." Baskner said with a shrug.

"What are you talking about?" Tom asked, suspiciously.

"Didn't you know?" Baskner asked, curiously.

"Know what?" Tom asked, within the same tone of his rage.

"His whole family was in the mafia." Baskner explains, simply.

"What?!" Tom yelled out, in a panic.

"That's why your boss wanted him. To start the next war for the mafia groups and I have to be there when he does, to stop him." Droopy informs him in a voice so nonchalant that it ticks off Tom to no good end.

"So you're telling me that you knew exactly what kind of danger he would be in?! You son of a -!" Tom shouted out before taking Baskner and reslamming him to the wall.

"Ouch! That could have broken my neck!" Baskner complained in a groan.

"Why didn't you help him when he needed it?! Huh?! You could have protected him all this time." Tom said, ignoring his last comment.

"Easy there. I'm just an agent. I can't simply waltz my way into a battlefield and blow my cover just to help him. And besides, why would I want to do that when he's got a personal bodyguard to protect him from harm. Unless of course, the poor sniper shot was too sensitive to deal with any of his emotions." Baskner remarked rudely with an obvious reference towards Tom, making him ten times more angrier than before.