Chapter 6

*Author's note: Hello again. 👋 Hope you enjoy this next chapter. If you forget, Steven Rogers, Jerry's boss, is Spike and Agent Drake Baskner is Droopy. Enjoy! 😊

While the FBI van followed in close by behind the two, Tom and Jerry headed through the main streets of New York City until they were able to find the nearest location to a hotdog stand near Central Park and parked their cars to the side.

When the two got out of the car, they walked over to a cart called Billy's Hot dog cart and started to order right away since they were the first people in line.

"What can I get for you?" The cart man, with the name Nelson on his tag, said with a monotone.

"Two cokes with four hot dogs please. Two of them with mustard and the other two with...." Tom said with a pause so that Jerry can order his part of the hotdogs.

"Plain; with shredded cheese on top." Jerry said, chirpily.

"You got it." The cart man replied in a regular customer service tone while piling up their fresh hotdogs high with cheese and mustard for them.

"Pfft. Cheese? Really?" Tom asked in a small chuckle.

"Hey, what can I say. I'm a mouse." Jerry joked.

"That's real funny. But you know, for a journalist, you sure are quite the comedian." Tom said charmingly with a wink that somehow unnoticedly made Jerry blush in a moment's notice.

"O... oh thanks. It honestly pays to be the type of person that can get the job done. Even when the finances are not at its best." Jerry noted with his shoulders shrug in disappointment.

He wished that he could do more for himself and get a higher position at the company.

But the reality would only be a small chance at possibly an assistant management job.

Which would at least give his nephew a good judgment and better role modeling as an uncle.

That is, if this story becomes a hit on headline news.

So, for now, he'll only dream of it and stick to what he's got at the moment.

"Well, then that right there, already says a lot about your character." Tom noted while Jerry looks over directly at him, in surprise.

"And that is?" Jerry asked curiously.

"Smart, ambitious and a genuine world-class writer at hand." Tom complimented with his face curled up into a brightened grin as the two continued to look at each other for another minute or so, until the moment was suddenly interrupted by the hot dog man, who could care less about what was going on. 

"That'll be $6.94." The hot dog man said loudly with a bored huff in a tone, that tells others it's time for him to go home now.

"Oh! Sorry. Let me see here." Jerry said while reaching into his pockets for change and was fixin to pay for the food until Tom modestly stopped him.

"Ah. Let me get that for you, it's on me." Tom offered with a small smile before he pulled out his wallet and gave the man seven dollars with one hand while he grabbed the four stacks of hotdogs and the cokes with his other hand.

"Keep the change." Tom said to the cart man before turning to Jerry to give him his food and drink before they begin to stroll on over to the park side of the area.

Meanwhile, Agent Baskner walked over to the cart, not more than a second or two later from them and begin to order himself while also keeping an eye on the two.

"Psst. I'm Agent Baskner and I have to ask you a few questions about the customers that you just served over there. Oh, and I'm also going to need two hotdogs with lots of mustard to go, please. And not the spicy kind either." Baskner said secretively with a badge shoved in front of him as if he was a special high-profile spy on a mission while the cart man simply rolled his eyes.