Chapter 10

After Tonja took a minute or so to process all of that information at once, she finally responded, with her expression still just as shocked.

"Thomas, if what you're telling me is true than why didn't you just leave instead of dragging him along everywhere like that?" Tonja asked, confused.

"If it was that easy you think I could of done that already?" Tom asked rhetorically while the two stood out of their conversation in deepened silence.

Until Tonja decided to speak up for the both of them.

"....Does he know?" Tonja asked, now in concern as well.

"No, and I don't want to scare him either. Right now, I'm just doing all that I can to protect him but it won't be much longer before they find out where we are and far as I'm concerned, we're still both on their hit list." Tom said, shaking his head.

"So what are you going to do then?" Tonja asked, curiously.

"I have no clue." Tom said looking over with a side glance view to make sure that Jerry wasn't hearing any of it.

Even though he still wasn't ready to tell him just yet, he had a bad feeling that he'll eventually find out anyways, sooner or later.

"Well, did you at least found out why they wanted him dead in the first place?" Tonja asked, curiously.

"No. I thought that it had something to do with the fact that he was a journalist. But something's not adding up right. I'll have to look deep down into his background to see if he's connected to anybody outside his work. Maybe a family member could have worked for my boss at some point or could have been enemies with him." Tom suggested.

"Well, you guys can stay here as long as you need to and I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you. But you still owe me one." Tonja promised with a wink.

"Heh, I'll keep that in mind." Tom said with a small laugh in his tone.

He figured that no matter how bad it got between them, some things just never change.

And just like that, right when the two seem to be on mutual terms again, Jerry then got out of the bathroom and walks over back to them.

"Hey, guys. Are you both good with everything?" Jerry asked, so that he wouldn't walk into any more awkward conversations.

"Yeah, we're good." Tom said looking over at Tonja with a smile and a thank you in his mind before Tonja then looked at both of them, together.

"You two can go ahead and get some sleep then. I'm going to close up the bar soon so that I can get some shut eye myself. Spare bedroom is on the right and if you need an inflated mattress, there's one tucked underneath the bed." Tonja informed them.

"Well it was lovely to meet you ma'am and I hope you have a good night." Jerry said politely before walking over to the stairs.

"Heh, it's nice to meet you too. Good night." Tonja said, laughing at the silly guy.

"Night Tonja." Tom added with a small wave before joining him upstairs as well.

"Goodnight Tom." Tonja said softly as she watches them go up the stairs before resuming back to cleaning up the rest of her bar.

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Meanwhile, after Tom and Jerry set up for everything, they both started to lay down on their beds.

With Tom on the inflated mattress while Jerry was on the bed of the room area.

At first things were peacefully quiet.