Chapter 5

*Author's note: hello my fellow readers, sorry it took a while but here's another chapter for Ya! The main characters, since they were introduced with their actual names from the show, will be presented as such for now (Tom and Jerry, literally). With that in mind, I hope you enjoy another chapter of the story while also presenting more characters into the spotlight. You remember the episode where Jerry saved and befriended a duck (Quacker) and was friends with a bird in another episode (Cuckoo), those two are his allies and helpers for the evidence of the mafia cold cases in the fanfic. Also, FBI Agent Drake Baskner, aka the Droopy dog character from the show, will introduced there as well. If you are still confused, let me know. Enjoy! :)

As the trip from Buffalo to New York took 4 more long hours to go through by car, Tom kept wondering in his mind about how he would pull any of this off without slipping up.

After all, he has a hit target to kill, doesn't he?

But to be honest, if he were to ask himself.

Was it even worth this amount of trouble?

Then he would straight up say out loud that this whole nonsense of running around business with a fake alias, was bad news from the start.

He never wanted this job in the first place, had he known that he was assigned, fresh from training, to kill someone, much less, an innocent journalist from the big city of New York.

But what choice do I have?

It'll only make things worse if I simply refuse this task and disappear from all of it.

So, what can I do?

Tom thought while attempting to turn on the radio in front of him so that he can try to calm down his nerves a little.

Until suddenly, his cellphone rang beside him on the passenger seat, in a jolt, as he quickly answers it, with the caller ID labeled as 'The Russo Brothers'.

"Oi Thomas! Boss wants to know if ya finish the job, yet?" Lightening asked in what seems to be on a speaker-based receiving line, so that all three of the Russo men can hear at once.

"No, I'm still waiting for a better time to take the hit." Tom lied while hearing rustling in the background of the call and notices that someone else has been listening in as well.

"Well, be quick will Ya? And get to killing, already!" Topsy barged in over the line.

"Hey! I still need time to plan it accurately, so that it doesn't hit the news stations. Unless you want to be my guest and do the job yourself. Since you're so good at everything." Tom retorted in a sarcastic manner that might as well blow the fuse on the little guy.

"Ooo! let me at him! let me at him!" Topsy yelled furiously over the phone as more sound projected in the background

"Settle down, little bro." Meathead chimed in as he takes the phone and switches it back to a regular call, so that its only him and Tom talking at this point.

"Sigh. Boss might be a little impatient about this, but we'll tell him that you're still working on it for the moment. Just don't wait another day, too soon, kay?" Meathead said in a agitated state, possibly from his younger brother's fussy childish attitude.

"Thanks, I'll be sure to call you guys, when it's over." Thomas said quickly while watching the roads in front of him and driving with one hand on the steering wheel.

"Don't mention it. And if I were you, I would quit kidding around with this guy and just pull the trigger before things get messier on your end of the bargain." Meathead warned.