Chapter 15

After a minute or so of his abduction, Jerry tries to scream out to the man who took him, hoping to get an answer to this nonsense.

"Hey! Get me out of this thing! What is it that you want from me?!" Jerry pleaded out in a muffled sound from the bag over his head while trying to wrestle his way out from the thick rope that had tied his hands up.

Until the van then came to a sudden stop and a voice was finally heard.

"Relax Jerome. I'm going to help you out of your sticky situation. Sorry for the scare, but I had to be sure that we weren't being watched and that you wouldn't leave from a moving vehicle." The voice explained before the bag was then removed from his head and his hands were untied from his wrists.

"Who are you?! How do you know my name?!" Jerry asked in a frizzled panic.

"Don't worry kid, we've never met. My name is Drake Baskner and I'm an agent in the FBI agency." The agent introduced himself, calmly.

"Huh?! What does a federal agent have to do with me?! I mean, sure I've dealt with some pretty hard core crime cases in the past. But I don't remember breaking any laws and..." Jerry fumbled out in a panic before he was cut off.

"Relax. I'm not here for you or the journalism work that you do for The Paper. I'm actually here because I'm trying to keep a close eye on your new friend that you're staying at the hotel with. He's been on the suspect list to a particular case for a very long time." Agent Baskner explained.

"Who Tom? But he's a cop from the Buffalo city police department. What made you think that he ever did anything with his cases?" Jerry asked, wondering how this guy seemed to think that he was a dirty cop. 

"Is that what he told you? Haha! Oh, that's real funny. Ha. Ha. Look kid, I'm sorry that I have to be the one to tell you all this, but that's a complete lie. He's been playing you this whole time and you never even knew it." Agent Baskner laughed on at his confusion.

"What are you talking about?" Jerry asked angrily, from the audacity of what this man was doing.

Laughing on like a jerk and trying to make a fool out him in mockery.

As the agent slowly calmed his laughter to a stop and shook his head when he sees that Jerry was more peeved off at him rather than questioning about the information of the situation.

So he once again, dives down into the topic, further.

"Oh, man. You still don't get it, do you? Now I understand what's happening here. But let me ask you this and see if you really notice the red flags here. Did you actually believe that you two met coincidentally at that hotel back in Buffalo on the first day?" Agent Baskner asked as Jerry's face started to change in raised eyebrows.

Which showed that he had somewhat acknowledged that there may have been few things out of place.

So, Baskner continued on with his interrogation.

"That's right. I've been keeping track of his every move since the day he left Syracuse. For many years, that guy had went incognito within the shadows of his own crimes. Until he suddenly came up on the radar, one day, and within plain sight of many potential agents in the field once he had entered into the same hotel that you went to, for reasons we still don't know, yet. I figured it might have something to do with the war that may be happening right now in the criminal organization that he was working for. But now, I have a hunch that this was quite different. Who knows, maybe he was after you, instead. Perhaps you were a target of some sort. Or maybe you might have something that belongs to his boss. But I'm sure if that really was the case, you'd be  already dead in two hours, tops." Agent Baskner informed with a few of his details overly expressed for the purpose of explaining the dangers while also hoping that he would join his side in having Tom arrested.