Chapter 1

Today is supposed to be my last day working in that boring bank and I'm already almost late, but what does it matter? They can't fire me again, right!

I got dressed up as fast as I could. Put on my contact lenses. Got my keys from the bowl on the counter and drove to the bank. I parked my Mini Cooper in my usual parking lot but suddenly I felt a strange feeling in my body like something bad is going to happen.

I ignored it. Hopped out of the car because my soon-to-be ex-boss is an ass, who fired me only because I refused to sleep with him and now, might not write me a good performance appraisal if I'm much later than I currently am. Even though I have always been hardworking.

Inside I was greeted by the usual view I have been seeing every day for the last one year - the blonde Cassandra playfully laughing, talking with the boss, and looking at him with her "f'ck me" eyes. It's obvious, why and how she has become the boss's most hardworking and favorite worker, right?

I am cleaning my workspace and getting my things in a box. I have always hated the mess and this is why my space is that clean and tidy. This and the fact that I don't have that many belongings neither here nor at home.

Possessions always bring memories in me, and I hate that feeling because every time I think about memory, I'm going back to the happy times when I had everything someone could ask for. I had friends. I had a best friend and a boyfriend with who I have imagined my whole life, but he not only broke up with me, he broke my heart. Left me alone, and the worst, made me forget him by leaving the country without telling me anything. I didn't even know that he was leaving. That day I had planned a surprise for him, something he was always dreaming about. Yes, he broke my heart, but we could have still been friends instead, he also broke my trust in everyone especially - boys. I was miserable not for days or months, but years. Yes, you heard me right, I was still believing that he might come and wake me from that nightmare I was living without him by my side. But with time I understood that the life is not like the fairy tales every little girl dreams about. Thinking about it now it sounds really stupid, but I was young and not thinking straight.

And like always remembering all this, made my eyes fill with tears. Tears hidden deep in the heart of the young, innocent, and trusting Kailee. I could never be like her, never again. She was more than stupid to fall in love with him.

I wiped off the tears from my face and again put on the mask of the badass I'm trying to be after everything that happened. Like everyone is telling me, it was many years ago.

"Hey, dumbass, get your ass from the chair. The boss is waiting for you in his office" Cassandra scolded me, looking something between angry and annoyed.

I didn't have the willingness to argue with her right now, otherwise, she wouldn't dare to mess with me ever again! Instead, I stood up and shoved myself into her, only saying "Oh, sorry Cassy, I'm just used to walking through bitches like you" smirking at her almost red from fury, face. I went to the office before she could say anything!

I opened the door of the cabinet of my 'amazing' boss. He was looking messy and tired. I didn't need to know why, instead I turned to him politely saying "I heard that you were calling me, what do you needеd me for?"I realized that I might mess up the words when he was looking at me from head to toe, and now he was thinking something that wasn't my intention.

''I didn't mean thi-"I tried to correct myself when he interrupted me with the words,

"Actually Miss Kailee, I wanted to remind you exactly what you were trying to say and I need you to know that my offer is still open and the job is still yours if you choose to accept it this time" he got closer to me and it seemed like he suddenly got blissfully happy.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance. "This is the exact reason I didn't want to wait one month to be released." I sighed, tired of even just talking with him.

"Oh come on, I know you want it, every woman wants to be with a handsome guy like me," he lifted his hands to his chest and held them there while talking.

"Yeah, you are right....every hag wants to be with a jerk like you!"I told him with a big smile on my face.

"Enough!'' his hands curled into fists, ''How dare you talk to your boss like this, you slu-" he started angrily.

"Don't even try to finish that sentence! You aren't my boss anymore and even if you were you don't have the right to call me that! No one has."I cut him off.

"Get your things and leave my building, IMMEDIATELY" he started yelling at me and I just said "With all my delight, bastard" turned on my heel and slammed the door behind me.

Even the fact that I no longer had a job doesn't make me upset, just because I don't need to see that assy anymore!

I got my handbag from my workspace and went straight for the door. I was going to leave when I heard people screaming.

................................................................................................................................................................

Hiii, it's me again! *waving*

So this is the beginning of the story, but also the end of the first chapter. I hope you are enjoying reading it so far.

Don't be a quiet  reader, comment your opinion about the characters and the story at all.

Make the star glow when you tap it and also feel free to share the story with your friends.

Bye to the next update, next week!