Chapter 12

A/N

Guess who got back grom Greece and finally posted new chapter : )

Where's my Greek readers/followers? I see you so don't hide and say hi, back!

Now enjoy your reading.

...........

Losh

Everyone left to do their tasks and I went to my bedroom. Surrounded by the comfort of my four black walls. I have been recently thinking of my sweet, innocent Kailee. What could she be doing right now and would it be too inappropriate to call and ask her? Maybe, I will wait until she decides to call me because our last 'date' didn't go as I had imagined so now I don't want to scare her and make her feel even more uncomfortable. For her I'm just a friend who she met not long ago, but for me... for me she is everything, she is the purpose of my life. This is the reason why I still keep the box with our memories in my room, because it reminds me that even after I left her and shattered our love into pieces the happy memories will always be there.

I went to the drawer where I keep the box and held it in my hands. It is a simple wooden one, but it has saved our precious little moments together. It was a present for my birthday by Kailee and on it's lit, she had handwritten 'Everything I never want to forget'. I liked her idea and a little later I gave her one too, of course, I didn't make it. I bought a similar box, but the quote on it was 'Life is a collection of moments'.

I wonder if she still has it, or had decided to burn it away, so she could forget me. Either way, I know that she had made the best decision for herself, and so do I. You can't burn away the memories, only hide them behind a wall builded of a fear for the future.

I opened my box and was just staring at the contents of it. I felt the familiar strange feeling in my stomach, some refer to it as love. My mind was occupied with thoughts of our amazing past. Her laugh, her smile, how cute she was pouting when something didn't go as she had planned it. Every single little moment played before me like a movie with a shattering end, but also a new beginning after it. The one that we are living in right now.

I decided to reread one of Kailee's sugary letters she had written me when we were together. We were neighbors, but this girl loved spilling all her thoughts and feelings on the paper and then sending them to me.

I chose the one that she sent me once I confessed that I loved her; this was also the last one she had given me. The paper was a sparkling hot pink and the envelope was a magenta one. Her cursive handwriting was like that one font in the writing apps. I started reading the letter out loud.

Dear Zale,

I instinctively stopped reading, my breath got stuck in my throat, it was hard for me to see this name again, but it was worth it. This was the only way I was going to 'hear' the innocent lovely words that Kailee used to describe this situation between us, so I started reading it again.

Dear Zale,

1234

This is the first letter which I don't know how to start.

You left me speechless with your love confession, Zale. Now I'm kinda scared! What would others think of me, of us? A boring, actually beautiful and kind- I'm sorry for the deviation, but you can't say that I'm wrong,... I hope so. You don't think I'm stupid, right? You probably think so or why else would you be interested in someone like me- okay I'm stopping with this now and continuing with the thing I was saying. I'm kinda worried about what others think of me, a 17-year-old still student being with a 23-year-old handsome guy like you( wink). But forget them, this is our life and we are gonna spend it together even if the only people left need to be us, I might actually, enjoy that more.

I love you, Zale, I fucking( sorry for the word, but I'm really, excited) love you!

Kailee,

Zale's future wife( this is the way I'm going to sign the letters from now on, hope you don't mind.)

It breaks my heart to remember how hopeful she was for us, to be honest, I was too, but I needed to replace my father's place because it was some family testament, that said once the older son turns 24 needs to pass a test to show his loyalty and especially if he is ready to kill a person. Someone really, close and important to him. Yes, that's right, my father wanted me to kill my best friend, my current girlfriend. I still don't know how he knew that I and Kailee were close when he wasn't in my life until that day. That was also the day when I found out that I and Kailee had the same birthday, how could someone deny that she was my soulmate. To my luck and surprise, my usually useless younger brother was in help this time. Weston had overheard the conversation I had with my father and pleaded with him to let her live because she was his friend and also a classmate. To begin with, he was also the reason that I and Kailee were friends and knew each other. If one day he didn't decide to meet me with the cute girl from his class and start bringing her to our home from time to time either to write homework or just spend time together, we weren't going to know each other, although we were neighbors. As she wrote in her letter, I am much older than her and I wasn't studying anything after I graduated and she was still in school, even though she was graduating the same year. It is still a mystery to me how Weston succeeded, but my father agreed to let her live, maybe because I was his only son and he didn't have another choice, but he had conditions or he wasn't going to agree with us that easily. I needed to leave her and the city the next day, her 18th birthday. Weston And I agreed that he was going to tell her I needed to leave because my father needs help since he was old and I was his only child. Anything but the real reason, since it was also one of my father's conditions. It was hard for me and maybe even harder for her, but at least I didn't leave without any explanation, it was going to be too brutal to do so even to an enemy not to talk about a loved person, that Kailee was for me and even more.

"No way," I stood up abruptly from the bed. "the numbers!"

How could I possibly forget something like that? Kailee knew the code language and was always flexing with it. She even tried to teach me although I was a fucking stubborn and never was the best student. But with such an amazing teacher like her, I end up knowing some phases like the one that she used in this letter.

1234 stands for I have 1 thing 2 say, 3 words 4 you, or directly said 'I love you'. That was like a title for her letters I guess.

"Wait!" I exclaimed loudly even though I was still alone in my room.

"The paper with random numbers might not be that random," I said out loud and went to the room where we were earlier and got the letter, still near the bin. My hands were slightly shaking.

I examined the list again, this time, I definitely saw the code language.

I should ask Kailee to translate it for me, but how would I do that without getting her in this mess and putting her life in danger, was the first thought that came to my mind. I could feel my heart skipping beats right now, I tried to calm myself but my breathing was fast. I sat on the wooden chair and thought for a solution.

"Okay, I know what to do. " I said to myself and glanced at the paper again. This person must have been really advanced, but still, I was able to recognize the last combination with which the letter was signed - 184.

The opposite of what Kailee had written to me in this letter; I hate you!

........

So what do we think about this letter and the secret code?

About the previous events, that had led to them 'breaking up'?

What about Weston's help?

1401 words