Chapter 13

Kailee

I'm sitting on my balcony. The cold marble under me and the breeze of the night make me slightly shiver, but my mind is going back to somewhere else. The familiar memory from years ago. A memory from the time I was happy. The last time I had everything. The last memory I have of him....

It's minutes after midnight but I don't feel like sleeping, instead, I go to my terrasse. It's cold. I'm in my pajamas but it's so beautiful outside. Actually, it's scary, the dark clouds have surrounded the poor silvery moon. My favorite blanket of stars is hidden and instead lightning makes its appearance through the navy blue sky. It's heavily pouring, so loud that I can't hear my own thoughts.

Yes, I'm scared of thunderstorms and lightning, of their sound and everything but this is our nature. Everyone should like it even though it might make them stay awake till it ends, shaking in their bed under the warm blanket--the only thing sheltering them from the world.

The scary one which I was gonna soon experience in full mode.

Yes, sometimes it causes a lot of damage, but what is love without disasters? Just a thrill.

....

The neighbor's dog suddenly starts barking out of the blue. His voice is hardly heard over the loud night, but he doesn't give up, barking even louder. He is normally quiet, except when people are walking around, especially when-

"Zale!" I look down, my eyes wide open when I see him. Zale is wet, his outfit- wait he is wearing the pants that he sleeps in and the t-shirt I had given him as a present.

"What are you doing this late outside- look at the weather!" I almost screamed out of worry for him. It isn't safe here, not to talk about outside. The wind is going faster with every second that passes.

"Why isn't my princess sleeping in her comfy bed?" His eyebrow is slightly lifted, making me a captive of his heavenly voice. Still, I can't ignore the fact that he answered my question with another one.

The most annoying thing for me and the most normal one for him. I must always receive a direct answer or I'm getting mad, but with him...with him it's different. Everything is. I would do anything just to have him closer to me on an everyday basis. In fact and everything looks better. I'm not scared of anything, except... of losing him.

No, I'm not, because this will not happen. Never! I won't let him go, I will be broken FOREVER. I mean it!

'No stop these unhealthy thoughts and look at the present.' I told to myself. Tears are burning in my eyes just from the thought.

I bring my hand to brush them off right before they start rolling down my face. I turn my attention to the man of my dreams, waiting for me under my balcony, like a real fairytale prince.

"How?" I ask. "How did you know I wasn't sleeping at this time?" My heart is picking up as I speak.

"I was falling asleep when I saw that your lights weren't off and I decided to pay you a visit." He looks up at me, his mesmerizing eyes locking into mine. "I knew you weren't calm and I needed to check up on you so I could fall asleep." I look at him, raising my eyebrows.

"What should this mean? Why do you think I wasn't okay" I wasn't going to admit he was right and that I wasn't able to sleep because I was shaking from fear. I have pride after all. A little left, but still I do.

He laughed at me "Kailee, who are you trying to fool here?" He asked, obviously the question was rhetorical, and just like he had planned it, a thunder hit on. I jumped out of surprise and actually screamed, a little. Zale folded in half shaking with laughter.