Chapter 3

His POV

Today was supposed to be just one of those business days. We have one of the easiest tasks to do - break into the bank of some selfish asshole, who even owning a bank, still got and more important DIDN'T return money from the mafia boss. MY MONEY!

"Boss, we are ready to go, " my right hand - Jemal told me.

"Good! Is Weston ready too?" I asked about my brother who is always late for absolutely everything.

"Yes, he too," he answered me.

We were on our way. Jemal - my right hand and friend was driving while I was looking through the window thinking of the time when I wasn't that mafia boss from whom everyone is scared now. 'We don't have time for nostalgia, not right now,' I said to myself. That was true because we were already there.

We got into that famous bank. It was like a child game; I wasn't surprised because that bastard was stupid enough to not have activated the security system in the stuff hall.

Everyone has the illusion that we are the bad guys but that's not true, even this situation is showing it, we tried not to cause more problems than the ones that the bank owner had already done.

But still, he and his stupid hoe tried to confront us and of course, that didn't make anything better. It was then that Weston turned to us and said:

"I think this b^tch there, somehow informed the police" I didn't believe that someone dared to try something against us while we all were holding guns in our hands.

"Who?" I asked while laughing.

He pointed at a girl near the door and we went straight to her.

She was looking terrified and still, I didn't get how such a small and so innocent-looking girl would dare to mess with us. Looking at her small face and green eyes, she was reminding me of someone.Someone, but who exactly?

Jemal extended his hand to grab her neck. I was going to stop him, but then the police burst in and they brought my attention.

This wasn't something new for me. When I stepped in this business I knew that I was getting into the bad side of the world, where policemen chasing after you, means that the job is worth the work.

Usually, I'm easily getting out of my troubles, but this girl has gotten my mind away.

A policeman pointed his gun at me but before I could get out mine. I saw the flying bullet and the young woman throwing herself in front of me. She fell to the floor; the bullet hit her right in the chest.

I called my men. Of course, we came with a reinforcement, I'm in this business for years now, I'm not that stupid. They handled the job for me while I was looking over her.

Seeing her body lying on my feet I felt like I'm the one who had been fatally shot, not her. My blood was freezing more and more while I was kneeling closer to her.

Her blood covering me, I shouted "K-, girl why did you do this? Why?"

Wait, was I really going to say that name? To say the name of my first and only love, that I didn't deserve to have around me? I was trying to not think about her every day for the last few years. I thought was doing well, until now and I can't understand how nor why her name escaped my mouth right in this fucked up situation'

Never mind, I left aside those thoughts and lifted her from the ground to the car where Jemal and Weston were waiting for me.

They both gasped at me when they saw the girl in my hands.

"Wait, why did you get her, she will bring us troubles!" Weston exclaimed.

"Shut the fuck up! Drive and make haste, she is dying!" I barked at him.

''Okay, okay calm down, Losh! To where?" he asked me.

''To the mall, she might be hungry. To our doctor of course, dumbass!"I brusquely told him.

''Old, stupid lout'' he murmered under his breath and started driving.

Once we are in a more normal setting and no one is fighting for their life, he will see who is old.

I was holding the girl in arms, pressing her wound, while her face was becoming paler and her pulse slower.

That girl seemed so familiar and still, she was a stranger to me. Why was she making me feel like this? Only one person had ever made me feel like that, one person who I left many years ago.

They look so different from each other. My girl had beautiful silky, even satin to touch blonde wavy hair; this woman has long to the shoulders something like orange, curly hair. My girl had beautiful hazel eyes; this woman - green like turquoise ones. My girl was having her first tattoo the day before I left and I never got the chance to see it on her beautiful skin. She said that it will be a surprise that I will love and remember forever. And this woman, I could see, has several tattoos on her, some like scribbles, some on languages that I don't even know.

I was risking a lot just trying to save the life of this stranger, but even the chance of being pinched for the first time since I have been in this business, couldn't stop me. 'She can't lose her life, not just trying to save mine, from my own stupidity' I told myself. Yeah, I may not know her, but I feel something when I'm around her.

.................................

Luckily we brought her right on time, while she was stable enough for an operation. I wanted to figure out who this girl was and why someone like her would save an old criminal like me. I sent my brother to find all the existing information about that girl.

I am waiting for her to wake up from the medical coma they put her in because she had lost a lot of blood. I am thinking about everything that just happened. I had changed myself while she was in the operation. This was both Weston's and Jemal's idea so she couldn't connect us and especially me with the "robbery". I still had some of her blood splashed on me, but that doesn't bother me at all, because the only thing I was concerned about was her and her health.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HILLOW, FRIENDS,

So tell me how was today's chapter. Did you expect this from him? The next chapter is already written and will be published by the end of this week.

So until then, comment, share and vote on this and previous chapters if you didn't already.

......

Don't be a quiet reader, comment your opinion about the characters and the story at all.

Make the star glow when you tap it and also feel free to share the story with your friends.

Your interactions with the book make me so happy, so don't stop now.

.....

Bye, we will see each other in the next chapter!