Chapter 7

Kailee

'Hello?" I said when I saw that my prey had finally picked up his stupid phone after waiting for four whole rings and was going to give up.

"Hi, what's up?" he answered like we have known each other for years. Annoying.

"Are you busy?" I questioned. My voice needed to be a little shaky so it could be easier to get him in the trap.

To be more realistic, because I don't think my voice can crack like that in normal situations, I pressed my long and recently pointed nails into my palm almost digging holes in it. This could be hurtful for the average person, but not to me, not after my first and latest boyfriend broke my heart and my senses for pain and everything else.

"For you, never," ahh, this selfish ass.

If I had other choices, I would have never talked to Losh and probably would have moved to another country, so I could never hear anything about that prick from the news because it seems that he is very known about what he is doing for a living.

I don't understand how and why at all there are women that would get on their knees for this man.

Like, who is that crazy to fall in love with a criminal that kills just for their pleasure and enjoyment?

There are some incredibly stupid people in this world.

"What happened, you sound worried?" Yes, my plan worked out, now is the time for work.

"Ummm nothing, I just wanted to hear you." Oh, now I sound like that brainless chick, but this is perfect for my cover, so anyways.

"You miss me, already ?"

Miss that ass?

Never!

It's more possible that the squirrels would be able to fly someday, instead of me missing him.

"Of course n-..., umm actually yes I wanted to see you,... Losh" ahh how much I wanted to tell him 'of course no, you are far below my standards ', and probably some sweating.

Instead I curled his name around my tongue to correct my mistake and to make myself again the obsessed of him bitch which he thinks I am.

7 months ago we started to ''accidentally'' meet each other either on the streets or at some places like coffee shops or business places.

Everyone would say that it was fate or destiny that we met each other, but I don't believe in things like those and especially not in that situation.

I know that he was at the bank that day.

How?

Easy, because it had been planned.

Planned by me, yes that 5'3 girl with peachy pink, curly hair, and cute-looking freckles. It took me almost one whole year but I did it.

Everything was planned.

Okay, almost everything.

Indeed I didn't know who, from all the three big gorillas, was the scary Losh I was searching for; me almost dying in the process of saving him wasn't in my plans either, but hey I'm alive, he noticed me, and now everything is happening as we have planned it.

" Of course give me a day and time and I will be there!"

I wasn't prepared, the famous Losh the killer DeAndre to be such a softy and that easy to fall in love and in our traps.

My partner must know him really well.

"Ummm, what about today...after an hour, where you say!'' I just hope that he doesn't find that I want a meeting at that short time, suspicious.

"Ooh, then you really must miss me a lot, little bunny!'' how old does he think I am, fucking 5?

'Concentrate on the mission Kailee or the big Daddy won't be happy' was the thought that keeps me from exploding and messing up the important mission.

"Okay, okay you caught me I'm dying to see you " a little chuckle escaped me, but it wasn't from a satisfaction of talking with that shit, instead the thought that once I finish my job he will be the dead one.

"In that case, I won't disappoint you after an hour in..." why did he made such a long pause, I already know where will be the meeting "park Veronica, like always?" Bingo, nothing new.

"Of course, I can't wait!"not really, but it was my duty, to do so.

I mean we are not in a real relationship, but if he thinks so, and I know he does, why did he never choose a restaurant or at least a coffee for our dates.

Instead, it's always the park that used to be my favorite but is full of memories of me and...Zale together. The boyfriend that left me, a day before my birthday and several days before my life collapsed.

"Me too Kaib-, berrie!" Fuck, for a moment I really thought that he would say Kaibaby- the nickname my loved one used to call me.

"Ummm, Kaiberrie? Berries are delicious, they also made cute nickname, but witho-''

"Without the Kai part, I know,"
Ummm, what? I guess it must have slipped out from me, even though I refuse to talk of my life to him like my boss ordered me and due to own preferences of course.

" I mean-" I laughed interrupting him before he starts talking and telling me some boring story or even a stupide excuse.

"Okay never mind, don't use that. I will hang up now because we are just wasting time and the fancy-looking Losh won't have enough time to do his perfect hairstyle," I didn't want to talk anymore longer with him, so I just said the first excused I thought of, but I might say it too fast.

I didn't care.

"Haha, I'm sure that even in pajama pants I will be enough for you" why he laughs so often, is that some tick of him and how he still thinks that I would be satisfied by someone as pathetic as him.

"Goodbye, Losh we will see in the park!" I said finally able to shut his big mouth. I ended the call like I always do when talking on the phone with him, which I don't understand why.

Once I asked him and he said that I am just faster than him.

Nothing to surprise me, I am better than him at everything, but he still doesn't know that.

.....

Sooo, hi,
I'm finally getting over my writer's block.*Yayyy*
...
I wasn't sure if now isn't too early for this chapter, but you finally get the pov of your sweet Kailee.

What do you think, does she knows what's happening or what she has to deal with is occupying her mind.

Don't worry there are much, much more to this story and I hope it's still that interesting for you if not more than it was in the beginning.
...
I need to hear your opinion, so I would be able to make even better chapters, so please comment, tap that star below and maybe share. This way you are helping me so much and make me incredibly happy .
....
Okay till the next chapter.

Words: 1015

Published: 02.03.2022