Chapter 3- Flynn

After 30 minutes, it was now 6:34am. Eliana was waiting for the octoling doctor to show up.
...The doctor that visits me every morning comes here to inject a dose to make my consciousness improve. I'm glad it finally made me conscious now after an entire month being unconscious...
There was a knock on her door and in came an octoling with beige hair. "Thanks for waiting. Sorry I came in late. I got a call from Master saying that you're conscious now, am I correct?" She asked. The female inkling nodded quietly. "...Yes...but...wait...master?" Eliana said quietly. "Ah. You may not know, but I'm member number 2 in our race, Yuka. Don't worry; I'm not as serious as Master." She said with a small smile. Eliana had a shy face and put on her hood.
She's so...kinder than the other octolings...she looks so mature too. Wait a minute...
"M-Member 2...? And you're a doctor? But I thought we're a group of assassins..." Eliana said quietly. The beige octoling nodded and took her bag out. "...I know. But I am not an assassin. Master specifically chose me as member 2 to heal our race members. Nothing else. But I also keep in track some other important things." She said. Eliana had a serious face. "...Uh...Yuka...is it true that the octolings here are gossiping about me? It's because I'm an inkling, aren't I?" She said disappointedly. Yuka looked at her with a surprised face. "...This may not be the nicest group of octolings you met. This race has been led by Master for as long as I can remember...we've been trained to be focused, skilled and loyal. We cannot be...what we want to be. Our orders come from the REAL leader of the Octarians." She said as she took out a notebook. "Who's that?" "...It is not essential for you to know at the moment. For now, focus on following Master's orders." Yuka replied. Eliana looked away and faced the city of Inkopolis from her window. "Beautiful, right? The city of Inkopolis." The octoling said as she caught the inkling staring outside her window.
Inkopolis...is that the name of the city? It sounds...so familiar...maybe I could ask Yuka about it...
"...Inkopolis? What's it like there...?" Yuka had a surprised face but it turned serious. "...Currently a city filled with inklings. We're not allowed to go there on Master's orders." She said. Eliana sighed and looked back at Yuka.
...So...we're not allowed to go there? How sad...guess I won't be able to find out about some things...
"Ahem. Okay. It says that I'll need to start a new daily dose to help increase your consciousness. Don't worry. It won't hurt. But please do try and rest in your room for the rest of the morning. By afternoon, you should be fine." Yuka said as she took out a needle. She walked forward and softly inserted the needle on Eliana's right arm. Eliana nodded silently and didn't even feel the needle go through her arm.
...Guess I can't see what Flynn wanted to show me. But...maybe from what Yuka told me, I don't think Flynn is entirely bad...he's actually one of the first octolings that talked to me. Hmm...maybe I'll give him a chance.
"Okay. You're done. Alright. I bid you farewell until tomorrow morning. I'll be busy, but do feel free to drop by my office in my room." Said Yuka with a small smile as she took off the needle. Eliana looked at her and nodded. Yuka left her room at 6:45. By that time, Eliana was still on her bed, staring at Inkopolis. But the sun started to rise.
...It's so...beautiful...a city never spoken of in our group...but why? It feels...so familiar like I should know it.

Flynn walked out of his room as he almost forgot to submit his report. "Shit. I can't believe I fell asleep...I'll just hand it in now." He said to himself as he carried his written report. He saw Yuka in the hallway going to her room. "Yuka! How's Eliana doing?" He asked the octoling doctor. Yuka turned to him with a serious face. "...She's alright. I gave her the daily dose as always. Anyways, get going before you forget to hand over that report. It's 8:00 in the morning. You should've handed that in by 6:30 this morning." She said as she opened her door. Flynn made a serious face as he remembered her should've handed it in earlier. "Yeah, yeah. Fine, I'll get going." He said as he quickly walked to the master's platform. "Damn that Yuka...she's always such a mean lady...I can't believe Master would choose her with the title of number 2..." Flynn said to himself with annoyance. His master was there standing while reading the reports. "Ah. Flynn. You're late handing in your report today. It's 8." The male octoling with black hair said. "...My apologies...master, I've come to hand it in now." Flynn replied as he gave his master the paper. "It's quite alright. But do not make this a habit." He said. "Yes sir." Flynn left the platform and went down the staircases in the hallways before their rooms.

After, there were octoling guards in the entrance, but they let Flynn leave the base. He walked around Octo Valley while he stared at the view at Inkopolis. "...I could never go there...master would end me if I did. If only I were an inkling it'd be so great. But..." He continued walking and he came to sector 3; where he and Eliana went on their mission in the night. The two inklings they killed were gone and all that was left was their ink. "...Eventually they succumbed to their ink...if we won the Great Turf War, then we wouldn't have to struggle to survive nor would we have to kill. But Master said that our great leader says revenge is a good thing...is it really? We don't feel anything in this heartless group of octolings...but I feel like something I was long ago is changing." He said to himself. Flynn walked up to a cliff in the valley and sat there while staring at the view of Inkopolis. "...Man...I feel trapped somehow...but I couldn't refuse to join this race..."

(Flashback) Two male octolings were happily playing in their poor village. Nothing but octolings lived in that village. But they weren't sad. At the time, inklings and octolings were living in peace. "Hey Naoto! I have a question." The male octoling said to his neighbour. " The octoling with green hair said to his friend with blue-grey hair. "What's up, Flynn?" Naoto asked. Flynn pulled Naoto and they sat behind the houses in their village. Flynn pulled out a letter. "...Naoto...I got a letter from someone. They said they need my assistance to help our great leader of the octolings." He said. "You too, huh..." Naoto mumbled as he looked away. "Huh?" Naoto took out the same looking letter from his pocket. "N-No way! You got the same letter?!" Flynn gasped in horror. "Yeah, yeah...I read about it. We're not supposed to tell our parents. The group that assists our great leader wanted some octolings in some other areas to join their forces too. No matter if we're young, they'll train us." "Yeah...that's actually something I wanted to talk with you about...but the thing is, I don't wanna leave." Flynn said as he put his head down. "...I don't mind leaving. This poor village has us doing the same daily routine. I can't wait once I get outta here." Naoto said as he looked up at the sky covered in grey clouds. Flynn turned into his octopus form and sighed. "Jeez Naoto...don't you care about your family and our other friends that have lived here with us since we were born?" Flynn asked his friend. "It's a great sacrifice leaving everyone here, but just think of all the advantages we'll be having. Who knows, we'll end up in turf wars and it'll be so cool! It's always been our dream, remember? We'd watch the turf wars on TV the whole day...imagining what it'd be like if we actually partake in them." Naoto said excitedly. Flynn made a scared face. "You've...changed. But not our dream. Leaving everyone here would make me feel sad...I wish I could stay but..." "But then there will be consequences by killing our town. You don't want that for everyone here, right?" Naoto added. The octoling with green hair shook his head and turned back to his humanoid form. "Yeah you're right Naoto...I guess we do have to make a great sacrifice. I'll agree with what you said about our dream of battling in turf wars. Thinking on the positive, you know?" He said with a forced smile. Naoto noticed Flynn's fake smile and made a serious face. "Flynn...you're unsure of this, aren't you?" Flynn nodded. "But...I can't be shellfish. Putting everyone's lives at risk here like our family and friends won't do any good. So yeah. Just promise me something Naoto..." "What is it?" Asked his friend. "...Promise you'll stick around with me. I don't want to be alone." Flynn replied back. Naoto was quiet but he nodded. "Yeah. Don't worry about it. We'll build our team together!" He replied. Flynn's eyes widened and he had a smile. "...Thanks!" He said. And the next morning, there was a car that picked up the two boys from the village. It then drove them away through the dawn. (End of flashback)