Dante

Watching Mila leave with that guy.. my scared little dove was doing something funny to my heart. She hugged me she actually hugged me she looks scared to death of men and yet she touched me.. why ?

Did I make her feel safe..? did she feel that I wouldn't hurt her... I couldn't wrap my mind around it but I wanted to know more about her.

Ace was on the phone with Joey our private investigator and one of our highest ranked assassins we would have info on Mila in an hour I wouldn't dig to deep I wanted her to tell me deep important things about her.. I wanted her to trust me with her secrets and fears and it seems my brother wanted the same.

My men couldn't understand how me and my brother could share women we were both jealous bastards but my brother is the only family I have left , I could never choose a woman over him and I wouldn't sharing one girl for the rest of our lives would mean so much to our bond.

My brother is much like me we share the same interests and taste in women although he still has his soft spot he can be gentle and loving and crack a joke where I am firm and rough never joking always serious.

Mila.. for her I would smile.. I would kill anyone who dare hurt her and lay their hearts at her feet, I wanted to see that beautiful smile she showed me I wanted to be gentle for her.. soft, kind, Sweet she didn't need to fear me I would never hurt her.

"She's beautiful " my brother voiced " but scared, fragile, she hates men that's clear but that carter guy she trusts he doesn't scare her he's soft with her"

I nodded in agreement as me and my brother walked outside seeing carter getting Mila into the car he said something into her ear as she nodded softly as a girl stood by them.

She was tall about 5'7 skinny beautiful body long brown hair thick eyebrows soft pink lips but since seeing Mila I didn't feel the need to approach this woman no.. Mila had my full attention.

The girl hugged Mila tight kissing her face all over like a mother would as I heard the most beautiful laugh tumble from her lips, carter stood off to the side watching them with a soft smirk.

" Their friends i thought they were dating but look at how he looks at them both.. like he would burn the world down for them  he's a protector" my brother voiced off as I nodded in agreement.

" He won't let anything happen to them he loves them" I said noticing the friendly exchange between the 3 , Mila looked over noticing my brother and I as she waved us over with a brighter smile.

I smirked but before we could walk over we heard squealing of tires and shots being let off windows breaking from being hit and then a painful scream hit my ears as I see carter dive for the girls knocking them to the ground getting hit in the side in the process.

I pull my gun from my belt letting off fires at the passing car ace behind me as we run towards Mila and her friends covering them. More gunshots go off and more screaming as I duck pushing closer to Mila who's cradling a bleeding carter in her lap sobs falling from her lips. "Carter ?! Stay with me okay I'm right here don't close your eyes ! "

She holds her tiny hand against his wound blood gushing all over her fingers as he gasps getting paler by the second.

Ace lets off more fire as the cars finally drive away and I curse and ace scrambles over picking up carter and getting him into the open car. I pull Mila and her friend up by their arms and push them inside the car slamming the door, getting in the drivers side " keys ! " I rasp out loudly as Mila bloody hand touches mine dropping keys in my hand crawling into the back to help carter.

"What the hell was that?! " ace yells out keeping his gun out as I race down the street to our house the doctor should be on call tonight.

"No idea but they won't get away with it not this fucking time " I drive faster as I hear the girls crying in the back and carter gasping to hold on he's losing a lot of blood and I'll be damned if I let him die.

I don't know him or Mila much but he means a lot to her and his death would hurt her that's not happening. Several mins later I pull onto the driveway and me and ace hop out our men running out as the take carter inside, Mila friend gets out on shaky legs and pulls Mila out hugging her to her chest as Mila sobs looking after carter his blood trailing up my driveway.

"He's going to be fine baby girl don't you worry he's strong he won't leave us he's going to be fine" she says to Mila with so much force I think she's trying to convince herself.

Me and ace usher them inside as the girl looks to us holding Mila at her side " I'm Emily.. carter told me about you two.. ace and Dante right ?.." she looks a little scared but tries to talk to us anyways.

"That's right I'm ace and that's my older brother Dante our doctor is going to do everything he can to help your friend we promise " he looks at Mila who finally looks up at us with a sad smile before she speaks. " we don't know who would want to hurt carter he's the sweetest guy he just works and goes to school.. I don't understand who would do this."

She says sadly as Emily holds her tighter. Me and my brother know it has nothing to do with carter but with us.

"Nothing will happen to him I promise Mila" I say looking her straight into the eyes and she nods listening to my words as the doctor finally comes out " he's asking for mila " she quickly moves to the doctor and Emily stands back "I'm Mila is he okay ?! " the doctor nods " he's fine miss just lost a lot of blood he's up and asking for you follow me " she looks back at me and my brother before following the doctor.

I turn my attention to her friend who looks a bit uncomfortable and ace cracks a joke " third wheeling huh?" He smiles at her but I know it's to get information.

" Me? Oh no carter and Mila don't date although they should they fit perfectly they're best friends. He met her while she was in high school I didn't meet them till about 3 years ago they just have this bond you know? " she smiles softly " kinda like me and my twin."

Ace nods in understanding and offers her a seat as Mila comes back out smiling softly " Emily.. he's asking for his favorite healer " mila wiggles her eyebrows playfully at Emily as Emily blushes.

As I see carter might just be more of a friend to Emily or she might want him as more then a friend. Emily gets up and excuses herself as she runs to the back and Mila smirks with amusement walking over to me and my brother.

"Those two.. will they ever seen how perfect they are together I mean it's crazy " she shakes her head with a smile looking at us realizing how open she just was she blushes looking down. " let's get you some food and water hun it will be a long night " ace says softly to her as I nod in agreement heading to the kitchen.