Mila

We don't keep secrets from each other EVER.

Not only did I just find out they have a half brother I'm also hearing about a secret that seems to have ace and Dante freezing at my voice.

My eyes instantly connect with the man they call their half brother and I see it. He seems colder even colder then Dante if that can be true. He seems closed off like the thought of attachment and love makes him sick.

He stares me down his dark blue eyes holding mine as I hold my breath. Looking closer I see the front, the same one I tried to up assuring everyone that I was okay when I wasn't.

Only I did it with smiles and laughter he does it with coldness and violence. Quickly snapping my gaze away I look towards the men I love.

"Tell me the truth.." I beg slightly knowing I can handle anything they tell me because I love them and I accept them.

"Baby it's not that simple we- " ace starts but I cut him off.

"No secrets. No lies remember? Trust is key love and communication is what makes us strong that's what you said to me" I look to Dante.

"You promised..." looking up at Dante I show him someone he hasn't see for awhile the little girl who lost her mother and was abused by her father. They little girl who grew up not knowing love or how to be loved. It isn't fair but I don't care I cling to the hope that their words aren't empty promises.

I pray that whatever it is I will still love them still want them in the end because I feel loved. The little girl inside me that was never protected or loved was at peace when these men are around.

"Please..." I let the emotion tumble from my lips my eyes watering slightly. I can't explain my emotions are on such high alert right now but I feel the need to fall to the ground and sob.

From the corner of my eye I see Devi flinch at the amount of emotion and rawness I just displayed while he was here and I can't find it in me to care.

Ace eyes narrow angrily sensing my change in mood and Dante stares me down.

"You'll never forgive me.. " Dante says slowly.

"Us.... You'll never forgive us.. " ace corrects and my breath bitches. My heart is beating rapidly in my chest and I feel the panic setting in.

Before I can beg further ace cuts me off.

"You're adopted Mila.. and my father is the reason your adoptive mother is dead."

I feel all the air knocked out of me as I grab the table to balance myself. I don't believe anything I'm hearing I don't understand.

" baby please let us explain.." ace starts and I cut him off.

"How long have you known?" I feel my anger coming my heart shattering they lied to me.

"Little dove..." Dante tries to come near me but I move back.

" HOW FUCKING LONG?" I don't recognize my voice or myself at this moment all I feel is my blood boiling and my heart breaking.

"Since the night we spent in the woods.." ace whispers and I drop to my knees the anger and sadness finally crashing in and I sob.

I sob because my whole life is a lie , because my heart is broke and because the men I love knew all of this and never told me the truth.

I don't know when Carter got to my side but I felt him picking me up bridal style as I sobbed uncontrollably. Clinging to him like the only thing grounding me I hear Hailey yelling at my men.

I'm to hurt to care to sad to care. Carter whispers he's got me into my ear and starts walking as Hailey refuses to let them near me. Before Carter can walk out the front door Devi grabs his arm.