Prologue

Hi guys, this is just a normal chapter to ease into the story, I'll be writing some other stuff later 😇 I'll let you know whose POV it is at the start of the story- wether third or first person, and it most likely will not change during the story.

edit: sorry I titled it Epilogue I meant Prologue im sorry guys

For context Sun and Moon are being installed into the daycare the day being told in the story

>Sundrop's POV

I could hear clicking and whirring around me, loud mechanical noises sounding in my ears. Where was I? I tried to open my eyes, but nothing happened. Perhaps I didn't have eyes. I honed my hearing to listen in on a conversation mostly drowned out by the machinery. It seemed to be between two people- most likely one of the people weilding the mechanichal tools.

"They'll be ready by tomorrow, right?" Asked one in a tight feminine voice.

"Of course, they'll be ready by then," A more gruff, deeper voice said in an irked tone. ", They're basically done, we just need to install their AI. It's taken a bit longer for the Moon one, we came across some bugs in the programming-"

"What bugs?" The female voice snapped, cutting him off.

"It's nothing major, we promise you, they'll be done soon."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Install the AI!"

I waited, the conversation leading me to beleive I would be receiving an AI. I felt pretty intelligent already, maybe it would help me be... More intelligent?

The mechanic sighed. "Alright, we'll do the sun one first. Not that there's anything wrong with the moon, of course," the man quickly added.

I could hear shuffling sounds and felt a presence grow closer. The mechanic. I must be the "sun" that they were referring to. Who was the moon, then?

I felt him open some part of me. I felt no pain as he slipped something inside, attaching a few wires and then-

Wow!! I felt so alive!! What was this? What had the man done? Did it matter? No! I felt so much more... Living!! I had felt so empty, like a peice was missing from me. Whatever the mechanic had used on me had worked, and worked good!! I felt so energetic, like I could run and play and skip and jump endlessly and forever!!!

"I'm going to power him on now, to see if it works," the mechanic explained, the woman making an impatient "tsk" sound.

I felt the man reach over, heard a switch flip and then-

And then.

My eyes opened lightning quick and i scanned the room, eyes darting around trying to take on every detail. A sign saying parts and service, a balding middle aged man with pale skin- the mechanic- staring at me, a tan-skinned lady in business clothes looking at me as if trying to discern what I was doing.

"Hello!!" I said in a voice that came out with a slight robotic accent. When had they installed my voicebox? I loved it! "Who are you? New friends?" I clapped my hands, bells jingling as I did so, ehich I saw were attached to my wrist.

"Hello, Sundrop," the mechanic eaid in a friendly tone. He seemed nice.

"Helloo!!" I said back, bending my knees so I could look at them more directly- standing straight made me tower above them! I'd rather see them at eye level.

"Alright, download the information into his database based on what his purpose is here, then bring him to the daycare and start on the moon one," the lady said, walking out of the room.

"Job?" I echoed, a sort of a question for the mechanic as I turned to him.

"Your job is to look after kids in the daycare and keep them happy when their parents drop them off for the day."

I clapped my hands in delight. "That sounds like so much FUN!!"

"Moony over there takes care of the kids when they're sleeping," the mechanic pointed to a limp animatronic, held up by wires. His face was half white, half black, the white half in the shape of a moon, defining his nose. His eyes were closed and a nightcap sat on his head, navy blue with stars dotting it, the pattern a twin to his poofy pants.

"Moony?" I echoed.

"Yeah, his real name's Moondrop- your's is Sundrop," the mechanic said, going to a side table and grabbing some wires, bringing them back towards me.

"Sundrop!!! What a perfect name, I feel so sunny!!!"

"Yeah," the man grinned. "Now, come here and bend down for me, will ya? I need to reach your head so I can finish you."

"Alright!" I chirped, walking over to the man and bending so the back of my head was shown to him.

I felt him open a hatch and plug in some wires and then-

Information barreled into my brain, electric wires shooting them into my consciousness. It was so much information! How to take care of kids properly, the rules of the daycare, where my room was, the map to the jungle gym, where arts and crafts supplies were, when nap time was...

I knew everything about my job! Nothing felt confusing anymore. The man pulled the wires out of my head and I stood up straight.

"Alright, since you're all up and running, I can bring you to the daycare now if you want?" The man stood, setting his tools on the table.

"Yes!! That would be great!!" I bounced on my feet excitedly, ready for my job as a daycare attendant.

"Alright, this bot can take you there- I still need to work on Moon." He gestured to a simple looking bot standing nearby. A staff bot, my new memory told me.

"Alright! See you later!" I walked to the map bot, who led me to the exit of the room I now knew was parts and services. I spared one glance back at the moon animatronic, my co-worker, before exiting parts and services.

1k words ‼️