💢 Chapter 6 💢

Hi this is not canon to the story but yeah fire ending woo

>Moondrop's POV

Me and Sun sat in the daycare after the pizzeria had closed, the lights dimmed. I leaned back against the plush floor of the daycare, Sun sitting up beside me as we talked and he played with wooden blocks.

"Playing hide and seek earlier was so much fun," Sun giggled. "We usually seek but since we were hiders it was harder than I thought to find a good hiding spot."

I smiled at him. "Especially since we're three times the size of the other kids hiding. No wonder we were found so quick."

"Maybe tomorrow we can play a different game, like freeze tag!" Sun finished stacking the last block, adding a triangle top to a tower.

"That sounds fun," I smiled at Sun happily.

My smile turned into a frown. Something felt wrong. I sat up, eyes darting around the daycare. What was it? Sun looked at me quizzically, and I stood up. I walked over to the large wooden doors into the daycare, pulling them open.

Hot, ashy air rushed to meet me, filling my senses. I coughed, closing my eyes as the ash irritated them. Smoke pushed into my nose and I coughed, turning to see what met us outside the daycare.

Fire.

I backed away from the door, the fire already spreading onto the flammable plush carpet of the daycare.

I whirled to face Sun, who was standing gaping at the fire. I ran to him, grabbing his hand and pulling him with me. "Run," I said to him, or I might have yelled it. Red filled my senses as the fire tore across the carpet toward us.

I felt more than saw the power cut, the daycare only illuminated by fire. The darkness only fueled me, and I half pulled half dragged Sun with me. He was looking behind us at the fire, in shock and freezing up.

"Sun, we need to GO," I yelled at him. I saw him snap back to reality, finally doing his best to run.

I pulled us towards the slide into fun, shoving Sun in front of me before crawling into the tunnel slide after him. Sun pulled himself through the slide, reaching the top before long. He helped pull me out as the slide collapsed behind me right ad I exited.

Fire raged around the pizzeria, engulfing the area. I reached to grab Sun's hand, pulling him onto my back so I could run without him hindering me.

I dodged around the flames, jumping over them when I needed to. I reached the main lobby, jumping down the stairs leaving me jarred from the landings. I stumbled towards the exit, finding it-

Locked. Closed.

I couldn't reach the doors because the pizzeria was closed. The doors were covered and completely locked down.

My heart sank at the sight. No. No. This couldn't be happening. I needed to get out, I needed go get Sun out. Sun was half sobbing by now, spotting the closed doors. I slid him off of my back, stepping away from the doors and then running to ram my shoulder into it. Again. Again. I barely made a dent.

I started punching at the door, it not budging against the weight of my fists.

I gave up, slumping on the floor. Sun, tears streaming down his face, came fo sit with me. I wrapped my arms around him.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to him. "I'm sorry."

Sun just clutched me, trembling and fearful.

"I wish I could get us out. I'm sorry," I started crying now (can animatronics cry?). I wrapped my body around Sun, as if I could protect him from the flames steadily creeping closer. The heat burned and I could feel my body heating up. We'd start melting soon.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to him for the last time. "I love you."

Man idk how to write angst is this good or

666 words 😈

Smut next probably

Don't forget to vote!