💢 Chapter 5 🌟

> Moondrop's POV

I blinked my eyes open slowly, the firm press of my back against my mattress reminding me I was in my- our room. Mine and Sun's. Sun, who wasn't next to me as he had been when we'd fallen asleep. He'd probably woken up early to do something- the lights were on in the daycare outside, the soft light filtering into the comforting darkness of the room. I didn't want to leave but... I wanted to find Sun. I stood, groaning as i stretched my muscles. My ass still hurt from last night, and I half- limped to the edge of the balcony, using the rope on my back to fly down.

I looked around the daycare but I didn't see Sun anywhere. I frowned. Was he playing hide and seek? Was it a prank?

I walked over to the light switch and turned them off, sighing as cool darkness washed over me. That was much better. I sat down, bored, and just... Thought. I thought about Sun, mostly. Where he could be.

I waited to see if Sun would come to me on his own. I waited for him. And waited.

And waited.

-

A few hours passed- which I mostly spent napping. Sun still hadn't returned. I grumbled and made my way to the daycare gate. There weren't any kids coming today, so I didn't have a reason to stay in the daycare though I was supposed to.

I pulled the gate open, it's heavy doors making me grunt. To my surprise, there was an employee on the other side, reading a magazine. They looked up at the sound of the gate opening and jumped a bit when they saw me.

"Moondrop, what are you doing? You shouldn't leave the daycare."

I frowned at the staff member. "Do you know where Sun went?"

"I'm pretty sure they took him down to parts and services a bit ago," they said. "Why?"

I ignored their question and said, "Take me there." Not much of a question, more of an order.

"Alright," they said, standing up and stretching their arms above their head. "Not sure how happy the mechanics will be though."

"They can go to hell," I said, the lights outside the daycare draining me as we made our way to parts and services.

"Hey! Watch your language," the staff member said. "Who programmed you to cuss anyway?"

I didn't bother responding, feeling a bit tired as the lights bore into me. I felt a bit faint.

We reached parts and services- the place I'd been.... created... A few days ago. We opened the doors and the employee walked over to the mechanic, who was leaned over a table, working intently. Lying on the table was Sun, eyes closed and not moving. I felt my heart skip a beat and I walked over to Sun on the table, ignoring the security guard's scold for being too close.

I watched Sun, on the opposite side of the table as the mechanic was. Said mechanic looked up at me curiously. I met his gaze and glared at him. "What are you doing," I said flatly, angrily.

The mechanic raised his palms to me, placing his tools on the table. "I'm just fixing him up, don't worry."

"Are you hurting him," I said in the same tone.

"Not at all- I put him in sleep mode so I could work. He couldn't feel pain anyway, don't worry."

I thought about how wrong that sentiment was- I could feel pain most certainly, but kept my mouth shut.

I walked over to a nearby chair, sitting down and watching the mechanic as he resumed his work. I wasn't going to leave unless Sun was with me.

-

After a half an hour, the mechanic told me he was done with Sun and powered him back on.

I watched Sun's eyes open, look around and realize where he was. He looked to the mechanic, then me standing beside him. His eyes lit up when he saw I was there, which made waiting for him worth it.

I grabbed Sun's hand, leading him out of parts and service without a word to the mechanic.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, relying on my memory to find the way back, we arrived at the daycare.

I tugged Sun inside, closing the gates with a thud behind us.

When the door was firmly shut, I embraced Sun. I pressed my face into the crook between his neck and his shoulder, pulling his body tight to mine.

"Moon! Did you miss me a bunch?" He said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Yeah," I admitted, closing my eyes at his soft touch.

Sun pulled my face back and pressed a kiss to my cheek, making me smile at him. Sun giggled and hugged me tighter.

I wish I could stay there with him forever.

815 words. Idk if this counts as angst I've never written angst before anyways have soft Moon. 👍❤️

Don't forget to vote!