Chapter 2

You wake up only to feel a weight on your legs. You look down and smile. It was a cat or half of one. You knew about this one. It was cute. Part of you wished this was the only anomaly that existed here.

"Hello there," you say.

It looks up at you, tilted its head in a way that told you to pet it.

" Alright"

A few minutes later your father walked in.

" I see you found a way to occupy yourself"

You smile," Yeah". 

" Well, you'll have to leave her. We're going down to the lower floors. For her safety, she stays up here"

" Her? How do you know?" You ask.

" Think about it Y/N, it's not that hard," your dad said as he picked up the cat.

" DNA?" 

He smiled," Yeah. Now come on".

He put the cat down and started walking off. The cat looked back at you before running off and disappearing somewhere down the hallway.

You sigh and start to follow your father.

You both got in an elevator and started to descend. You couldn't really tell how far you went down, but the elevator was silent, making it seem a lot farther than it was.

Your father didn't speak when you got out, you simply followed.

You started seeing labels next to doors, indicating what was inside. You walked for a bit before stopping and looking over.

SCP-049...

In school, you learned about the plague in history, about those plague doctors.

This SCP was so similar. It was intriguing. But scary at the same time.

Your dad led you to a room, seeming to look into where the SCP was.

It was just sitting there. 

" So, what now?" You asked.

A few others entered the room.

" A test will run. Write down everything you think is important that you see. What people write varies. I wanna know what you see" 

You kind of stared at him blankly. Come on, from what you heard the same thing happens every time. Why were these tests needed?

And why did you have to be here? You're new... Can't you at least be with the safe ones for a few days?

You didn't know anyone in the room, and you definitely didn't see a reason to get to know them now.

You watched as a D-class entered the room. You have no care for them. All criminals.

The person seemed to not know what they were getting into. They walked up to the SCP only to walk back when it stood up. 

Seeming to reassure the person, slowly convincing them to let it come closer until... they dropped dead. And it...

You looked away. That was a little bad to watch for you. Your father noticed.

" Are you alright?" He whispered.

" Sorry. Didn't prepare myself for that"

" It's alright, you can leave if you want to," he said.

You shook your head, "I'm fine".

"Good"

After, your father pulled you to the side to talk to you.

" So?" he asked.

 "It seems really good at creating a false sense of security, well kind of. It does seem to know how to gain a little bit of trust"

"Wasn't always like that. Used to not say a word. But then something happened...Nevermind. Some people do say it thinks what it's doing is right. Either that or it is a really sick sense of humor".

"Maybe both...somehow"

You sigh," I was kind of hungry but... that killed my appetite".

" We'll... You are supposed to stay with me cause your new and I'm going down to grab something. Maybe you'll find something you like," your dad says as he started to walk.

" So I have to stay with you but you left me alone?" 

Your dad turned and stared at you," No words".

" That's a few words actually"

" Y/N..."

" Sorry!" You quickly say.

" Come on"

" Yeah... Alright"