Chapter 12

You open your eyes as your vision starts to clear.

Guess it's not over...You survived.

You were laying on the ground. You slowly sit up to see the familiar sight of your father's office. And feel the pain in your arm.

You look over to 049, he seemed to be asleep.

" How long have I been out?" you whisper.

You notice your coat was under you. You pick it up and carefully tie it around your waist. You didn't want to try to actually put it on in fear of hurting your arm in some way.

You made sure everything was still in your pockets. Your clearance card, the music box, the map... Good.

You peak out into the hallway. The guard was there still. You didn't really feel bad though... They did shoot you.

You look back into the office.

What now?

You sit back down. Now with the music box in your hands. You decided to play it.

Turns out you had woken up 049.

" What a lovely sound"

You almost jumped, " I uh.. didn't know you were awake".

" Oh, I apologize"

" It's okay... Wait- do you even sleep?"

" Only to pass the time, you were out for a while"

" Looks like you finally got to hear this music box"

" It looks like it, I do believe I recognize the sound"

" Really?"

" Yes, but I can't place it. It's old... Perhaps from France"

" France? How would you- Oh... Well, I guess I never asked my mom where it was from"

You put the box back into your pocket. " Wait... Don't you speak French? Like fluently?".

"Je préfère parler anglais pour communiquer car c'est ce que vous parlez mais oui, oui je peux"

You have to hold back a laugh, "That makes sense, and well that's one way to tell me".

" Je suppose que prendre ce cours de français à l'école a payé ," You say with a smile.

" You are one of the very few I've met that knew French," 049 replied.

" Half of the time I forget I can..."

" Did anything happen while I was out?" you ask.

"The speakers came on at one point, seems that others have been recontained"

" Well, I guess we should get going then... You do have to go back. Maybe I won't need this map considering multiple SCPs are back in containment"

" Is your arm alright?" 049 asked.

" Yeah, I'll be fine"

049 stood up and in front of you with his hand out. " Then let's get going"

You didn't even think, you grabbed his hand and stood up.

" May I ask why you are wearing your coat like that?"

" Oh... I didn't want to try to get it on my arm and have it hurt if I moved it the wrong way"

" Interesting... I suppose that is best"

You both start heading to the elevator. And step inside.

The end seems near... or is it?