Chapter 4

Another long day of work...

" Y/N, go get something to eat and meet me in my office"

" Where is your office, dad? I forgot you even had one"

" Remember that room we walked past when we had to go down to the lower levels?"

You froze for a second," Oh, that one! Okay".

Your dad laughed," We don't want yesterday happening again so you should eat now".

" Whatever, dad"

As you walked through the halls alone you took out a special thing from your pocket. The music box. It starts to play as you quietly listen. A small smile on your face as you enter the cafeteria.

The same person from before stops you," Hey! Y/N right?"

" Yeah..." 

" Nice music box"

You stare at the box after they said that. The music slowly stopped as you put it back in your pocket. 

" Yeah, it is nice"

You remember that they were looking for 999.

" Ever find it?"

" 999? Yeah, Candy got it to come out"

" That's funny. I didn't eat here yesterday, food any good?"

The person chuckled," Some days. There is a vending machine over there".

You sigh," I didn't bring any money....".

" I can pay for something. What do you want? Chips?" 

You smile, trying not to be rude," Sure... thanks".

They hand you the chips and you both go to sit on a bench.

" So, do you have to go anywhere specific, or are you free for a bit?" they ask.

You didn't like that question. Did they want something from you? 

" I-I'm sorry I have to meet someone. Thanks for the food though. Bye!"

You run off towards an elevator.

Sure they were nice but, a little too nice. You could maybe make a friend but nothing more. Maybe you're just overreacting. Yeah, overreacting. Silly Y/N. You felt bad though but you couldn't go back and apologize yet, that was way too awkward.

You get to your dad's office and slouch in the chair across the desk.

" You okay?"

You sigh," I'm fine. Just someone being a little too nice".

Too nice... Like everyone you ever tried to date or even just be friends with.. abusive... using you... neglectful of your feelings.

You look over the see something covered by a sheet.

" What's that?" 

" Nothing," your father replies as he reaches down into a drawer. 

Being nosy, you look in the drawer.

" Is that a map?" you ask.

" Yeah, if something happens. The map shows how to get to an exit or a safe room from here"

" Not surprised you have that," you said as you looked at it.

" Hopefully you won't have to use it. Now, someone thought about interviewing 049 again. Would you like to be present?" 

" I mean, I don't have anything else to do for an hour"

" Just know the risks, I can take you there but then I have to go because I'll be busy," Your father said as he started to put things away in the drawers.

" Figure I have questions after yesterday?" 

" Maybe, hurry up now. It's a very strict time limit"

You smile, maybe you didn't have questions but you wanted to learn something. You were glad your dad was so important here. Chances are, if he wasn't, you wouldn't be in the job position you are in. But you also could have to not come near any Euclid or Keter SCPs. But who knows what you would have had to do, who knows how boring that could have been? At least your job was interesting.

But, the privileges of knowing people, might be your undoing.