Chapter 11

What leads up to this moment? How did you get here? How did you get to a point in your life where you are relying on an SCP?

Did something go wrong? Did everything just go right and this would have happened no matter what?

Why did you get this job? Why are you trusting 049? You could figure this place out on your own somehow.

Did you have a friendship with 049? If so, why? That's not normal or allowed. You're just acquaintances, right?

What happened? What happened in your life that made this possible?

.........................................................................................................

How old were you then, 5? 6?

You had found your father's coat. How? Even you don't know.

You ran out of your mother's room to find your mother.

" Mommy! I'm a scientist!"

Your mother smiled, " Oh, are you?".

She called your father into the room. You didn't even know he was home.

You ran up to him and he picks you up.

You smile, " I'm a scientist".

" I think Y/N wants to be like you"

Your father chuckled, " If only you knew kiddo ".

Maybe you would have gotten this job regardless...

..............................................................................................

How old were you then? 11?

Your mother almost screamed as she walked into the kitchen. But she did yell at you.

" Y/N! Did you bring a spider in the house?!"

" He's not hurting anyone"

" What did I say about bringing bugs into the house!"

" Specifically, it's an arachnid. Not just some bug. He helps get rid of nasty bugs," You say.

Aren't you a smart kid?

Your mother called your father. By now you had taken a clear cup and put it over the spider.

" You child brought a spider in the house"

" I'm sorry..."

Your dad laughed, " It's fine Y/N. Come on, it's not that bad".

Your mother sighed and looked back at you," Please just don't do it again".

" Come on Y/N let's put it back outside"

" Okay..."

You put a piece of paper under it and walk outside. Releasing it into the grass.

" Bye!"

" Look, you're not supposed to be friends with a spider, okay?"

" Okay dad"

I guess you always did make friends when you kind of weren't supposed to...

...................................................................................................

Months before your 16th birthday...

Your mother's condition had gotten worse. She was on a ventilator and had less and less energy as the days went on.

It was rare for her to even be awake.

Most doctors gave up. They were useless...

You had left the hospital after visiting her only a few hours before... It happened.

You heard your father cry, you almost never heard him cry.

You left your room and went to him, he was on the phone.

You already knew it, your mother was dead.

You held back as many tears as you could, trying to be strong for your dad.

What happened on your birthday? Not much. You didn't want to celebrate but you received a box. From her...

It was the music box and a letter.

Dear Y/N,

If you are reading this I am no longer around. I'm sorry I couldn't be there this year. But, Happy Birthday! I decided to leave the music box to you, I know you will keep and take care of it. Remember how much I love you. Never change, no matter what happens. And stay strong for both yourself and your father. Remember, one day you will see me again.

Mom

Your mom's death is why you're still with your dad... Probably causing you to get this job, you only got it because you were still around...

.......................................................................................................

Then you started dating. That definitely didn't go well.

The first person neglected you, they would have rathered been with their friends.

The second person always asked you for money directly or asked you to pay for something... 

The third person, obsessive and creepy...

The fourth person abused you...

You broke off every relationship. And never tried again, focusing more on yourself.

.........................................................................................

And then you got the job here. You met 049. And the containment breach happened. 

.........................................................................................

Everything up to now, what went wrong? 

Nothing? Everything?

Where would you be if your life was different? If your mom was still here? If you ever met someone who cared about you? Would you still work here? Where would you live now? What would you be doing at this exact moment?

Maybe no matter what happened you would end up here.

Is this really how everything ends? 

But hey, maybe you'll get to see your mom again.