Chapter 9

You eventually make your way to the office. 049 stood by as you grabbed the map. Thank god, it was still there.

Realizing you had it 049 left the room, presumably standing outside the room, waiting.

You look over at the sheet covering whatever your dad was hiding. Curiosity took over as you walked over to it. You put the map in your pocket before pulling off the sheet.

You froze. " So, this is where it ended up..."

It was your mother's piano. Brown, with, now fading, flowers painted on parts of it. You never knew what happened to it. At least now you know you still had it.

You pull out the small bench and sit down, you hadn't sat there in years...

Your hand grazed the top of all the keys. Memories came back.

..............................................................................................

~Flashback~

You were around 7 when your mother called you in the room.

She was smiling and standing near the piano.

You had always wanted to learn, your mother played every day so you grew to love the piano. Now she was finally going to teach you. You were shaking with excitement.

You remember it being difficult at first but you caught on. Soon, you and your mom played together, every day. You even played for others.

But then that day came...

For weeks you played for shorter amounts of time, sometimes your mother just watched you play. That day, she didn't even come to watch you. She finally told you, she was dying. And even worse, you didn't even know what was killing her. 

But Doctors... Doctors couldn't save her... Useless...

You never touched the piano again. And it eventually disappeared from the house. You almost forgot it even existed.

~End of flashback~

.....................................................................................................

You start to push a few keys. You made up your own song as you played. It was slow but nice, kind of like a lullaby. You were in your own world, forgetting about the chaos around you.

049 still stood outside but started to hear the music. Out of curiosity, he slowly opened the door.

" I wasn't aware that you could play the piano," he said.

It caught you off guard but you didn't jump. But you stopped playing.

You sigh, " I haven't played in years, after my mom died I- Nevermind ".

" Oh, I'm sorry about that"

He doesn't care, Y/N...

You stand up and recheck to make sure you had the map. 

" We should go"