[Chapter 10: Odd Group]

"But I know you're lying. You do feel the pain."

"It's not that bad. It only hurts a little bit. It's like a stinging sensation, Bin. I think I can get used to it. Maybe time will numb it."

He took a step back, severing all their skin contact.

"I can sense you. I don't want to cause pain to anyone. But... You like the pain.... You want to keep doing this?!" He passed a hand through his hair. He was confused and concerned. She was thinking that she loved his undercut.

"Sure. But I'll request a payment..." She made a dramatic pause. Changbin thought she had spent too much time with Minho. "Your hoodie. The black one you lent me that night."

He took a step to her again, and she instantly draped her hands around his waist. He held her at arm's length by her shoulders.

"You know you can have the hoodie even if you don't want to hug me, right? I'm not that lonely. People can still touch me over clothes and the abilities turn down with him."

She snuggled closer and this time, he let her. Who was him they always talked about but never mention? Maybe Lee Know could tell.

"Yeah. But I want to. It's sad you can't touch just anyone else's skin because both want to." Her voice became muffled. He knew what she was implying, she wasn't talking about hugs. "I need some human heat. I feel so rejected all the time. This country is so freaking cold. Don't you want to hug me?"

He could feel her sadness as she hid her face with her blonde hair. He made circles on her back.

"Of course I do. I just don't want you to feel pain... Ever. I don't want to cause harm to you. To anyone."

"I'd take the pain if that meant I could get a hug from you. Let me get used to the pain and get the love I'm missing."

He didn't know what to say. She probably was talking about her family's and friend's love. He patted her back and she cried her heart out.

Changbin knew she wasn't crying for him, but for both of them. There was so much sorrow in her small frame. He just couldn't erase her words from his head.

"I've tried many things. Maybe you could hurt me."

Maybe he could talk with Minho. He had probably heard it from the many times this words had replayed in his mind.

As she stopped crying a few moments later, she was the one that took a step back. She doubted if she should say what was on her mind or not. "I like being in your arms, it makes me feel safe. Though I might need an ibuprofen." She laughed.

"I'll miss my vocal lesson if I don't go now. You can give me the hoodie next time. See ya!"

She put a hand in his shoulder and made a short step up to lay a kiss in his cheek.

As he stood there baffled, she went away.

-

"I want a hug too." He was pouting again. This child.

They were the same age, he was just a few months younger... but Han Jisung was something different. He was laying on the floor in their practice room sat with legs and arms open.

Lee know laughed and slided himself between his arms.

"You know that is not what I meant. Ally-aaaah" He hugged him back, but still throwing a tantrum. The rest were just scattered around either ignoring him or trying to listen.

"Why do you want a hug from me?" She was crouching by their side, laughing. How could he have that much energy when they had just finished practice? She had just came from her own practice with a bunch of cute girls. She had got a position as a backup dancer.

"You gave one to Changbin! And Chan said you hugged him too!" He screamed while Minho patted his head.

Chan's airy chuckle sounded in the back.

"Okay, okay. But maybe later. They weren't drenched in sweat when I hugged them... I mean, I came to see you because you're a nice sight all dripping wet but... That's not the point! See you later..."

She got flustered and flee the room.

"Your friend's got some dirty mind, Chan. Just like you." Seungmin helped carry the water bottles with Jeongin and Changbin right behind.

"Heeeey! I'm not... She's not..." He complained.

"You have no idea!" Minho laughed in the background and soon he was getting questioned by Han, Hyunjin and Jeongin. He didn't utter a word.

He really enjoyed watching their reactions.

"It's unfair!" the maknae complained.

"You're too pure to listen to this stuff! Maybe if you leave he'll tell us" Han responded for them, Minho shook his head and they all laughed.

-

The first encounter was terrifying.

A beautiful raven haired pair, a drummer and a guitar player had scouted them all. They were brother and sister, and had gotten permission to roam the hallways to form a mixed group.

The bass player was a cute dude with bright red hair. He was found in a rapping lesson.

From a vocal group lesson, they snatched a petite Japanese girl with a guitar.

One morning three of them got into Ally's practice. She was with that big bunch of beautiful girls that in her eyes, definitely knew their moves better. Even though she got special classes with Minho a few times a week.

The Jeons said a few words to the choreographer, and soon she was outside the room. They were smiling at her. The bleached blonde had not a single clue of what was happening.

"I'm Haruhi. Nice meeting you Allyson. Walk with us, yes?"

They walked for a while until they stole someone else. A tall male called Han-Gyeol that didn't speak much but could handle any music instrument that reached his hands.

At the end of the day, they were six. Three girls and three boys.

The black headed one was walking to Ally.

"I'm Sung-Ho, the bassist. What's your superpower?"

She stuttered and Haruhi came to the rescue.

"She plays keyboard, sings and can also rap." The brunette had a pretty smile. "I was in her tryouts, she's cool. She entered for dance somehow."