[Chapter 14: Husband]

"What's up? You call, I come." She stood by the door.

"How come you always have time?" Jeongin asked.

"I skip lessons..." She laughed. "No, that's not true. Actually I sleep three to four hours a day, I'm great at multitasking and language learning is easy for me. So I'm really ahead in Japanese and Korean."

"That's like genetics cheating..."

"Sorry not sorry I.N. I envy your whole bone structure for real... and the thing that many Koreans don't have that much body hair..."

"I want to try something. Do you mind?" Jisung was a little hyperactive again, jumping in place.

"I'm not doing aegyo nor singing some cute Japanese song again. I shouldn't have let you listen that Frozen recording..."

"Can I listen?" Bangchan came closer, laughing.

"What was the song? If it's recorded, I can definitely find that..." A deep voice said in the background. The mischievous man was smiling and scrolling in his phone.

"Do you wanna build a snowman. And oh, no-no, no no... don't show them! I'll do anything. Tell me what you want Felix. I can get my family to send some sweets and snacks."

It was a magical phrase. All looked at her at the same time. She hadn't even realized they were all there, but food made them appear out of thin air.

"Damn. It's true. The way to a man's heart is through food." She took a moment to text her father. She heard some of them clapping hands. Probably Hyunjin. It was almost been a month since the last message she had send, but now she had a good reason: food. If they were happy, she was happy. She would have probably shared that embarrassing recording anyways.

"Done. Now, why am I really here?"

The experiment was simple. They wanted to know if Changbin could somehow borrow her abilities and not get hurt while touching her and right after letting go. Like Rouge stealing Wolverine's healing. And more so, if she could make others not get hurt in Jisung's fire.

One thing was to be hurt. She didn't mind getting herself hurt. But she definitely didn't want anyone else to get hurt. Her panicked look was evident.

"We would make it small." Han rested a hand on her shoulder. "Nobody gets more than a paper cut or a little warm. If it works and lasts, we can be more easy during performances. Please..."

"Sure, I'll do it." She looked at his eyes while he spoke, but he only made eye contact for a few seconds. She could sense somebody's eyes on her the whole time. Piercing.

She looked at Lee Know. He was always looking when Han was involved.

Relax, we are just friends. I'm not stealing your man.

Instead of answering with words, he came closer and snatched Jisung for a hug. Squirrel boy didn't understand what was happening but enjoyed the contact nevertheless. Nobody batted an eye. She opened her mouth outraged and hugged Jisung's right arm. His eyes opened wide for a moment. Well, maybe his arm ended being squeezed between her breast and her arms. The quokka was blushing.

"Yeah, no. Better let them be." Bangchan separated her from the boys and dragged her to the other side of the practice room. He really felt like a brother. A big brother that didn't like when boys approached his sister.

Changbin and Hyunjin came closer to start.

She extended her hands, lifting her sleeves up to the elbow. Changbin held her hands looking everywhere but her. Their leader made a gesture, and Hyunjin touched Changbin's hand with a long finger with trimmed nails. Felix started a timer.