26

I found him watching the sparkling water of the lake, the full moon reflecting on the surface. His hair was curled against his ear, he didn't like growing out his hair so he cut it once a month. The blonde ends of his hair moved with the wind and I smiled, his brown tips were showing.

I tapped his back with my foot, "What you doing out here?" I sat next to him, eager to find out why he called me out here in the middle of the night.

He rested his face against his knees watching me with his green eyes, "I missed you."

I snorted, "I live with you, Maddy."

He smiled. "Yeah but I barely see you-- a fault of my own."

"Don't worry about it, I know how you love the party life and I don't mind as long as you are happy and safe. Maddy, seriously, nothing matters more than you being okay-- even if I don't see you much."

I saw the hurt in his eyes but I couldn't understand why. I thought what I said would have made him feel better. I chose to believe that he partied hard because he was heartbroken about Seth, that's why I didn't complain. I know that if I was in his shoes, I would have wanted to rebel the pain away.

"But Michael and mom, I'm supposed to be helping you with them. I'm leaving you alone to deal with Hood-"

I caught his fingers that were picking at each other, "You need time for yourself and I'm allowing it, Madison."

"You've always been so kind, sometimes I think you are that way because Peter might be watching." His mocking smile widened more at the sight of my blush.

I pushed him away, Madison always refused to believe that I adored him. He's my better half, the part that I wish I could be. "I don't need Peter to see that I'm kind, as long as you don't get yourself killed."

He forcibly laughed, "Nothing can kill me! I'm the golden Madison!"

"Okay, Madison, the only thing golden about you is your hair but even that is rusting." I touched his tips and he smacked my hand away, offended.

"This is why I don't gloat near you," His pout was cute.

I roll my eyes, "Because you know I'll call out your bullshit! You have nothing to gloat about."

"Fuck you! I'll let you know that I multiply things to gloat about."

"Mhm," I faked a yawn and he smacked me on the shoulder.

"Know what? I was going to list them for you but I won't since you're so rude." He folded his arms, in stubborn anger.

"Oh no, what would I ever do without your list? I can't possibly breathe without it. Don't make me suffer, Madison. Please." I said sarcastically. He didn't appreciate it,