35

A week passes with me having my head buried in books constantly, and I've planned on staying like that until exams end.

Even though I might grumble about having to study, I know it'll be worth it when the exam papers are given to me and I actually know what the fuck I am doing.

I'm still anxious to see what my grades will look like, especially for chemistry, but I have faith...

But now that I am finally focusing on my school work again, the amount of work I need to do this year is awful. And I can't just fly through them like I did in the beginning, because now I know that Peter wants us to live together and have the cute, little college life together.

I need to put in more effort into the tests, the assessments, the finals and the fucking SAT.

Fuck, I can't believe I forgot about all of these...

Peter is lucky that I love him enough to suffer like this.

Something to be happy about is the winter break coming soon! I want to spend my days under my large blankets and do absolutely nothing. Although, I'd rather spend the days away from my mom and dad, who are walking around eggshells next to each other.

Luckily, grandpa left for Italy yesterday so I get my room back (no offense to Mickey, but he's snoring and sleeping habits is a nightmare.)

Now that grandpa is gone, mom and dad have no one to talk to other than each other, I don't see that being a comfortable experience for anyone involved. Up until now they have been civil with each other, awkward small talks here and there, all that is about to end.

A part of me wants to believe that with a little more time, mom and dad will rekindle their broken love and maybe, just maybe, we can be a whole family again. However, with the way they avoid being alone in a room together, the wish is very far fetched.

I mean, I don't even think they know whether to be considered a married or a divorced couple.

As I leave class, and get swarmed by a sea of demons, Dee links her arm around mine and offers me a smile.

She looks hollow and drained, the bags her under her red eyes are as dark as her nail polish. She has her hair down and it covers her face like a curtain, mysteriously. I don't think she's washed it in days with how oily it is.

The whole arranged marriage thing is clearly taking away any wink of sleep.

I know she thinks this Harrison guy is sweet, and that the marriage will end in a few months, but seeing her like this, even with all the pros she has listed out, it's obvious this thing is eating at her.

She's trying to remain positive and it's making her even more grim.

"You know," I start out as we walk to English, "you never got to showing us what this asshole looks like." I give a sly grin but she just shakes her head at me.

Her hair doesn't bounce the way it usually would.

"You'll see him in a week's time." She responds with a gravelly voice and I wince at it. She doesn't even attempt to make a joke of it as she usually does.

I nod firmly, "right, well, do you have any wedding ideas? Like a certain dress you want to wear or..?" I stop when she gives me a stern look, her eyes no longer warm. Just a void.

"Do you think I have any control over how this bullshit goes down? Or that I am crazy enough to waste my 'dream' dress on a fake wedding?" I can tell by her heavy breathing that she is trying to keep calm and not yell. "I don't w-want this! A-any of it!"