6

I descend on my bed with a groan. It's the third week of school, I think its officially the right time to commit suicide. But that's my thought every week so no surprise here.

Not only do I have Peter following me around and demanding to come to my house so we could do the project, but now I have to 'watch' after my boss's daughter. Watch after as in spy on her.

Two weeks ago when I left school early, I got a message from Tony, my 'partner', telling me to meet him at Heavenly Sundaes for my next job. So since it was a Tuesday,  I didn't have to pick Mickey up because he prefers walking on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I left school not having enough time to enjoy Peter's pink face.

When I got to the ice cream parlour I found Tony staring at an old man and a teenage girl I've never seen before.

Her name was Divine Fernandez and her dad was my boss, usually, he would ask me to track down some people who owed him money-- that's how I got in trouble with New York's police-- but him commanding me to stalk his own daughter was weird.

Apparently, she just moved from Paris, after being expelled from a boarding school, and he wanted me to watch and report her every move. A real angel by everyone's words, but I didn't see how that was any of my business.

Divine stood out from all the other girls I've seen, even those from New York, so it wasn't hard to spot her while she played chess with old man Thompson. She was beautiful, like insanely beautiful. Yes, yes, everyone is beautiful and all but there are some who stand out to the naked eye and she was one of them.

After that day, I've followed her around. Tomorrow she'll be transferred to my school and will be in all of my classes-- my boss was that powerful, seeing as he is the mayor's brother and all-- so my job is made easier.

I'll deal with Peter next week, hopefully, before that, I'll get stuck under a burning building.

I really hate my life.

***

Six in the morning I'm up and ready to make breakfast and lunch for Michael, mom didn't come back home last night so she might be here by eight but we'll be gone by then.

Michael is still sleeping, I'll wake him up in thirty minutes. I sigh and lean my forehead against the counter, the dream I had last night keeps replaying in my head. It was more like a memory I forgot to bury. Dad, Madison and I playing in the back yard while mom and Michael watched from the stairs, a happy memory.

Shaking my head, I grab white bread and spread both jam and peanut butter on it then smack a slice of ham on the mixture, finally adding brown bread on top. Just how Mickey likes it, he's a weird one just like dad.

I finish placing the pancakes on two plates when Mickey loudly marches down the stairs with the angriest look on his face, I look at him and sigh. It's not even six-thirty yet.

Here we go.

"Morning, bud." I try to ruffle his hair but he literally hisses at me, making me stop mid-air.

"Don't touch me!" He takes a step back and kicks a chair. I watch as he picks the chair up and hits it against the wall.

"Mickey," I whisper when he takes a glass cup and throws it on the floor. "Michael!" He's not listening or looking at me but he does take the same chair and hits it multiple times on the wall. "Michael fucking Longwood, put that damn chair down before I smack you!"

My voice bounces off the wall and into his ears, he turns to me and screams bloody murder. "Don't tell me what to fucking do! You are not my dad! You are not my brother! You are no one to me! I hate you! I hate all of you! Just fucking disappear!" With that, he throws yet another glass cup but this time to me. I duck and it smashes against the wall.