32

Monday arrived with heavy rain and dark skies, resulting to the halls of Haven High School being filled to the brim and corners. Constantly brushing arms with all of them caused bile to raise to my mouth, their ungodly scents invading my nose and I really tried not to get aggravated. Hearing them was hard enough but now I have to touch them, too.

The one thing bugging my mind more than these idiots (and Peter) is that finals start on Thursday and that's when I write the hellish subject called Chemistry. Something I'm not sure I'll pass even if I had a month to study, three days simply is not enough.

Someone bumps into me and I sigh, without looking back I walk to my locker and find Dee already leaning against it. She grins at me when I'm close enough to smell her circus perfume,

"Where are we sitting for lunch, lover boy?" The smirk she gives me at the end of her question sends a shiver down my spine.

"I really hope that name doesn't stick." I move her away so I could open my locker and exchange my books for my lunchbox. I know I got sentimental when she called me that name on my birthday but she needs to let it rest.

"I think it will, especially now that Peter asked you to be his boyfriend." She whispered but it might as well have been shouted from the top of her lungs. Rapidly, I shut the locker and she steps back with a casual smile her eyes gleaming evilly at me.

"You shut your mouth." Even though we share all our classes together, she somehow managed to escape class before me, in my defense I was too busy thinking about what grade I should get in my chemistry final to save my dignity. I've been getting C+ for years now, but if I can skip sleep and not go to work for the next few days I could drag up a B-

She tilts her head innocently, "Did he not ask you," she looks around us before walking closer to me and pitching her lips to my ear, "to be his one and only?"

I move my head away from her, "Mind your own business, Elliose."

"What do you mean? This is obviously my business considering that Peter, my best friend, told me about it yesterday."

I throw my head back onto the locker and groan, "Does he really have to tell you everything? When we start dating is this how things are gonna be; you knowing everything?"

Her mouth hangs and her eyes widen in disbelief, "Mason Longwood, did you just say 'when'? As in you agreed?" The grin on her face blinds me, "But he didn't tell me, he said you didn't get a chance to answer! Wait, does that mean you're going to tell him today?!"

Her eyes fall to my neck, and if even possible, her grins widens, "You're wearing the necklace!"

My hand flies to cover my neck where the simple, thin sliver chain with a black faceted diamond pendant hangs, "Can you keep your voice down? You'll attract the animals."

She clasps her hands over her mouth but her stupid smile can be seen under them.

I sigh, defeated. "Okay, now tell me why you think this necklace symbolises that I agreed to-"

She shakes her head at me before I can say anything more. "If you don't know then I'm not allowed to tell."

"When has that ever stopped you?"

She shrugs, her loose hair bouncing lightly. "All I can tell you is that the necklace you're wearing is not the one you would be wearing if he decided to ditch you."

My heart flipped, however not fully with joy, because he really was planning on giving up on me. Not his fault if I'm being honest, I was such a pain to deal with for the past week.

"What you two talking about?" I jump at the sound of him beside me. When did he get so close?

My body tenses, and I look at Dee with pleading eyes; he can't know that I want to be with him, at least not yet, I want to tell him myself. Her fond brown eyes avoid mine as she steps to Peter and wraps her arm around him,