16

*unholy banshee screeching* YOU GUYS! HOW IN THE HELL NAMED EARTH DID I GET OVER 2k READS?! LIKE WHAAAAA, OMG. THIS CHAPTER GOES OUT TO Y'ALL.

"The only constant thing is change".

I've never understood that one quote, maybe because back then nothing changed. Everything in my life remained the same until shit gradually began to shift. Negatively. Every change was negative to me. The worse is yet to happen, and every time things changed the worst happened. So no, I don't like the idea of modification.

But I won't lie, things in the past months have been... different. I went from alone to having the bright company of Divine; from ignoring Peter to just letting myself drown in his presence; from getting home to a quiet house to the laughter of Michael playing with Doggie and Kittie.

The only thing that is still the same is my mom. Whether she has gotten worse or not, I'm not sure. And the barren feeling of not having Madison with me.

Though, I like this change. I don't feel alone that much. I bet I would feel less lonely right now if Peter talks to me-- if he removes his head from his arms and tells me what is wrong. I know what is wrong with him it's not that hard to figure it out, everyone can see it in the way he walks and smiles now. The break up with Dee is destroying him.

I know I said I wanted her to realise Peter was a no-good asshole, who would hurt her soon or later, but seeing him so down and forlorn makes me think that maybe Peter would never hurt Divine like he did to me. I mean, he wasn't like this when we stopped being best friends.

Peter sighs for the hundredth time in ten minutes and I suppress a whine, I never did enjoy his grim face and daunting sighs. Can the idiot just talk to me about whatever is happening between him and Divine?

Last night's lasagne doesn't look as enjoyable as it did ten minutes ago, which is shocking because mom spent so much time acting nice to me. Days like yesterday were rare I'm always on the edge of my seat for when it will happen, sad how wanting to be a loved son is what I look forward to.

A sigh comes from Peter again and I close my eyes in irritation. "Sigh one more time, Jung, just one more time and I'll forget to be civil."

He shrugs with his head buried in his arms, an indication that he couldn't give fuck.

Thunder explodes outside making Peter jump up in shock, his eyes wide and mouth open. He is so easy to frighten.

We are sitting in the cafeteria today, the weather doesn't want me to escape a sulking Jung. It's like an unspoken rule, if it ever rains then Divine, Peter and I would sit at the lonely table in the corner of the cafeteria. We don't plan it, it just happens. But when it is sunny and bright, I'm left with sitting on the rooftop or with Farren; Peter sits with his soccer buddies, and Divine, probably robs a bank or reads in the library.

Dee isn't here, she isn't sitting with us right now. She didn't tell me where she was heading to after we left class. Maybe she has another--

A sharp kick to my shin stops my train of thought, my nerves tingle and I hold in a cry of pain. I look at him angrily but he doesn't even flinch or pay me any attention, his eyes are fixed behind me, I watch his face go from joy to remorse and then confusion.

I won't bother to look back cause I certainly know Divine is cat walking towards us right now. Whatever is the reason for Peter's confusion, I'm not interested.

She sits next to me, her glorious aura slightly dulled. Dee smiles at both of us before leaning over to kiss Peter on the forehead, he is taken back. His eyes gloss over as he twists his face away from us, I cringe at the strong tension.