vi. | decent pick-up lines

Disclaimer; i do not own spn. and i like pie. those two statements are true.

Dead in the Water; Part One
_________

"A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step." -Lao Tzu

EMERY WAS GOING TO THROTTLE THE waitress. The whole time, she had been flirting with Dean, and Emery made it her job to ruin it. Or try to. Every time she came back around, asking if they were okay, Emery would make sure to lean against Dean.

She was doing it so much, Dean had put his arm around her shoulders, just so it wouldn't annoy him as he looked through the newspaper. Emery made sure to lean her head on his shoulder, and nuzzle her nose into his neck sleepily, inhaling his musky scent.

Dean smelt like leather, cologne, whiskey, and, well, musk. It was a weird combination, but Emery found it being her favourite scent. It had been for a while now.

As the waitress came back around, Emery grabbed the newspaper a little to fast, effectively paper cutting herself.

"Shit," she swore, looking at the tiny cut that was on her index finger.

"Did you paper cut yourself?" Dean asked laughing. "You want me to kiss it better?"

"Yes, please," Emery stated, holding her finger out. Dean took her hand, bringing the finger up and sarcastically putting a slobbery kiss on the cut. "Dean! That's gross! I don't want your slobber!"

Dean laughed, before he went back to reading the newspaper. The waitress glared at Emery, and Emery looked at her quizzically. So, she was ruining her chances of getting with Dean, whatever. There was plenty of other guys sitting in the restaurant wanting the girl's attention.

Dean was circling a picture on the newspaper, before he placed the end of his pen between his lips. Emery almost melted. He looked incredibly sexy like that, but she wouldn't say anything. Distracted, she didn't notice the blonde waitress, Wendy her name tag read, showing Dean her cleavage while asking if she could get him something else.

At that moment, she was grateful that Sam and Dean butted heads sometimes. The tall man returned to the table from going to the washroom, answering the girl with a "Just the check, please."

"Okay," Wendy said, sending Dean one last smile before she walked away and back into the kitchen.

Dean's head sunk, and Emery felt herself rolling her eyes. He was going to say something along the lines of 'that waitress was hot, why did you ruin my chance of hooking up with her?' But in different terms obviously.

"You know, Sam," Dean started. "We are allowed to have fun, once in a while." He gestured to Wendy, who was wearing short jean shorts, Emery noticed.

Emery felt envious to the girl in that moment. If she wore shorts like that, you would see all the scars that were obtaining her legs. Especially the ones she got from the werewolf when she was twelve.

"That's fun."

Sam gave him a look. Dean's expression faded to one that was more serious, before he put a newspaper in front of Sam.

"Here, take a look at this, I think I got one," Dean stated. "Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week, Sophie Carlton, 18, walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water, nothing."

"Sophie Carlton is the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. And none of the other bodies have been found," Emery stated proudly, earning a smile from Sam. "They had a funeral two days ago."

"A funeral?" Sam asked, baffled.

"Yeah, it's where they bury an empty coffin for closure," Emery stated, remembering how she forced John to take her to her parents funeral.