ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem

Disclaimer; I don't own supernatural. Though, I wish I did so I could meet J2 M2.

Ahahaha I should warn y'all that when I first wrote this, there was a whole stydia panic attack kiss (I cringe thinking about it tbh) but it has changed and it's no longer in the book. Emery does help Dean with a panic attack tho lmao spoilers.

Phantom Traveler; Part Two
_________

"Sometimes you gotta run before you can walk." -Tony Stark.

EMERY COULD HEAR A RINGING IN her ear for the next couple of minutes. Chuck Lambert was dead. She had sworn to herself after she had seen so many casualties on these hunts, she wasn't going to let it happen again. She wouldn't let another person die because of her failures.

Looks like she had lied to herself.

Emery wanted to scream and cry. She wanted to break something and kill someone. Above all of that, she wanted to be normal. With a house, a boyfriend/fiancé/husband, a good paying job that she enjoyed, and maybe a child on the way.

For the next couple of minutes, she stared at the wall, unmoving. Unblinking.

"Another crash?" Broke Emery out of her trance, and she looked between the two other hunters.

"Yeah," Dean answered Sam. "Let's go!"

"Where?" Emery's voice cracked.

"Nazareth."

The three exchanged a look, before they got up and made their way to the Impala.

The drive was unbearable for Emery. As she awkwardly sat in the backseat staring out the window, she wondered if they were going to have to fly. Emery wasn't a nervous flyer, though she felt nervous for Dean. The poor guy was deathly scared of planes and the fact that he knew the plane was going to crash probably was worse for him.

The three had done some investigating at the crash site, making sure to get some of the substance that was obviously sulfur. And just like that, they were back with good ol' Jerry, who was looking at the substance through a microscope.

"It's sulfur, isn't it?" Emery asked. When Jerry nodded, she turned to Sam. "Ha! You owe me ten bucks, buddy!"

Dean gave the two a 'really?' look. What? They just bet if it was sulfur or not.

"Wow, that's great," the sarcastic comment came out of Dean's mouth. "Alright, so that's two plane crashes involving Chuck Lambert. This Demon sounds like it was after him."

Emery shook her head from her spot between Sam (who was standing at the desk) and Dean (who was standing beside Jerry.)

"With all do respect to Chuck – um – if that's the case, then what would be the good news," Sam stated, looking awkward.

Emery almost wanted to smack him. It wasn't good that Chuck was dead. And this case was defiantly not over.

"What's the bad news?" Dean and Emery chanted, Jerry looking between the two.

"Chuck's plane went down exactly forty minutes into flight. And get this, so did flight 2485."

"Forty minutes, what does that mean?" Jerry asked, and Emery looked at the man, before securing her hair back into a ponytail. She just realized that they probably needed to fly.

"It's biblical numerology," Dean started.

"Ever heard of Noah's ark? Yeah, well, it rained for forty days," Emery continued. "The number literally means: death."