Gally's...Special Juice

I helped up the kid that Gally pushed into the newbie. "What do you say, Greenie? Wanna see what you're made of?"

"Greenie, Greenie, Greenie, Greenie." The boys chanted.

He stepped into the circle, and the boys cheered. "How much you wanna bet the Greenie losses?" Alby asked.

"He'll lose, but I think he will get at least one hit in. I'd rather bet on him gaining his name from this. The Greenies never fight."

"So, what does that have to do with remembering his name?"

"As I said, newbies never fight on their first day. But when Gladers do, it's always against Gally first, and more often than not, they hit their head."

"So?"

"So, when I first got here I tripped, hitting my head. That's when I remembered my name. It doesn't take a big hit to remember." They were already fighting when the conversation ended.

"So what do you wanna be called? Shank? What do you think? Does he look like a shank?" The fighting continued. The Greenie fell a couple more times, but he managed to get Gally on the ground, as I thought.

"Not bad for a Greenie, huh?" He said moments before Gally tripped him. And like I suspected, he hit his head.

"Pay up, Alby."

"He doesn't remember his name yet."

"Hey. Thomas. I remember my name. I'm Thomas!"

"Told ya," I said, winking at Alby. "Thomas!" I said, and the boys followed.

"Welcome home, Thomas," Fry said, handing him a drink.

"Good job, Thomas," Gally said.

"Common Millie now is your chance," Frypan said from behind me.

"Okay, but give me that first," I said, pointing at the almost full jar of Gally's secret stuff. Frypan gave it to me, and I drank from it, then I drank a little more, and before I knew it, the whole jar was gone.

"Millie, no one's ever drank that much before. Are you okay?"

"It's been a long day, Fry. A very long day." I handed him the jar and walked up to Gally. "Common Gally, It's my turn."

"Millie, I'm not fighting you."

"Why not? You wanted to last year."

"That was before we were friends."

"Well, then I'm just gonna have to kick your ass as friends now," I said with a smirk. I kicked my shoes off and waited. The boys around us cheered and yelled. "Common Gally."

"I don't want to hurt you."

"I just chugged a whole jar of your... special juice. I'll be fine."

"Millie!"

"What? Listen, this is the first and only chance you will get, lets's go." Gally rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Okay, but you asked for it. Don't get mad at me if you get hurt."

"Deal," I smirked. I motioned for him to come closer, and he did. Gally threw the first punch, but I blocked it. I let him come to me. Knowing my defence was better than my offence, although they are both excellent. He threw a couple more punches, but I blocked all of them. "Common Gally, you can do better than that."

"Oh, I'm just getting started." He threw one more punch that I moved out of the way for, and then he kicked me in the stomach. I hunched over for a second as the crowd 'ooued' I fixed myself and put my fists out.