Thomas

"Hey, guys. Get up." Chuck said as the maze doors started opening. Everyone gathered around the doors as they started slowly opening. But no one was in sight. Chuck looked the most disappointed, he was the one that made us stay out here all night. 

Of course, I was going to. I couldn't sleep knowing Millie was out there with Minho and Thomas. I knew Minho would turn away and run in a bloody instant if a Greiver was coming, but what scared me more was that I had no clue what Thomas would do. I sighed and got rid of the horrible thoughts. "Told you, Chuck. They're not coming back." 

Everyone started walking away, as Chuck looked back at us, not moving his feet. I felt bad for him. Zart turned his head, seeing that Chuck wasn't following and he stopped in his tracks. "No way." He said, walking back up to Chuck. I turned my head and my jaw nearly dropped. 

"Millie," I said under my breath, not really caring about the other two. They could defend themselves. But Millie was unconscious because of god knows what. 

"Yeah! Yes!" Chuck said, a little victory showing itself in his hands. "Yeah! Yeah!" He continued as we all ran towards the trio. Minho and Thomas were carrying Millie, her feet dragging along the concrete ground the Maze had to offer. The only time it was ever nice touching those concrete walls was at night, to cool down. 

Of course, no one actually stepped foot in the Maze. We all waited until they were just outside of the walls to help out. "I got her, I got her, I got her," Jeff said, grabbing Millie. 

"Watch out, watch out," Thomas said, trying to make room for her to be put on the ground. 

"Easy," Fry said, as the boys nearly dropped her. I put Millie's head on my lap as the boys huddled around. "What happened out there?"

"How'd you guys make it out?" Zart said, looking at the two boys. Millie was lying seemingly lifeless on my lap. Her breaths were shallow and her face was all bloody. 

"You saw a Griever," Chuck said, looking at Thomas. 

"Yeah, I saw one," Thomas said trying to catch his breath. They must have been running all night.

"He didn't just see it. He killed it." Minho said after looking at Thomas and shaking his head. 

~~~

Later that day, we held a meeting. Gally was speaking of course. "Things are changing. There's no denying that. First Ben gets stung in broad daylight, and then Alby. And now our Greenie here has taken it upon himself to go into the Maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here."

"Yeah, but he saved Millie's life." 

"Did he?" I raised my head, my right half leaning against a very crooked pole. "For three years, we have coexisted with these things, and now, you've killed one of them." Said Gally, pointing at Thomas. "Who knows what that could mean for us?"

"Well, what do you suggest we do?" I said. I wasn't the slightest bit mad a Thomas for breaking the rules, because he saved Millie. 

"He has to be punished," Gally said, dropping his hands to his sides. 

"Whoa, whoa. Wait." Said Chuck.

"He killed a Griever," Clint said getting mad.

"Minho, you were with him. What do you think?" I said, slightly raising myself off the post. 

Minho sighed and spoke. "I think, in all the time we've been here, no one's ever killed a Griever before. When I turned tail and ran," Of course he did, I guess I know Minho a lot better than I thought. "this dumb shank stood behind to help Millie." Minho said pointing to Thomas. "Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I say we make him a runner."