Sleepover (1)

"There you are! Come on, I think everyone's already in Antonio's room." Mirabel says motioning for us to follow her.

Me and Camilo trail not far behind Mirabel as she walks into Antonio's glowing door.

Oh. My. Gosh.

It was beautiful. An insanely large tree with twisting branches was right in the center. Surrounding it was jungle terrain and flourishing wildlife. Birds soared in the air which seemed to be an evening sky stretching infinitely. Wow.

My head followed a small monkey swinging from vines overhead. I was absolutely awestruck.

"Cool, right?" Camilo says noticing my amazement.

"More than cool." I respond smiling. But at the same time, where were we supposed to sleep?

"Antonio's room is in the base of the tree, it's pretty spacious surprisingly." He explains, basically reading my mind.

I cant express how insane this room was. As we approached the tree I stumbled on the thick roots. I clutched the blankets closer to me.

Mirabel lead us to a small hidden passage way through the tree. A little wooden door was tucked away, it definitely had great secret hideout potential.

The second we walked through 4 heads perked up at us.

I looked at everyone. Luisa, Isabela, Antonio, and-

Dolores.

I gulped. I had no intentions of telling anyone her secret but my head started to ache. It was so weird to know this life changing news and not be able to tell anyone. She made eye contact with me but that fear from earlier was mostly gone. I could tell she trusted me. And once I noticed that, I relaxed. I don't think keeping this secret would be too hard after all.

Luisa brought snacks, Antonio brought pillows, Mirabel brought flashlights, and Isabela brought hair products and other neat stuff.

They all helped me lay out the blankets close together, each blanket getting its own pillow. Then we all sat in a circle and started talking. Isabela pulled Luisa in her lap and started braiding her hair. Camilo raked his hand through his still damp curls.

"Why don't I braid your hair?" I asked Camilo curiously.

"Really?" He asks shocked.

"Why not?" I respond.

"Sounds nice."

He crawled towards me and laid his head in my lap. Isabela tossed me a brush and I began working. As my fingers quickly moved pieces of his hair I couldn't help but notice him smile every time my finger accidentally brushed his forehead.

His eyes fought to stay open as I gently played with the ends of his hair. I gave him a single loose braid down the center of his head and tied it off at a knot at the end. I could tell he was upset when I finished, he had wanted it to last longer.

Once I finished I looked up to see everyone staring at us in a "that's so cute" way. I awkwardly smiled and laughed at myself a little.

"Camilo you should scratch her back." Isabela suggested with a shrug.

"Huh?" I said confused.

"You're right Isa, he's pretty good at it." Mirabel said, nodding.

"I used to pay him to scratch mine when we were younger." Dolores added.

Wow these girls were really his "wing women." Camilo perked up.

"I definitely wouldn't mind, if that's okay with you. Free of charge." He winks at me. Dolores scoffs and everyone laughs.

"Sure, I guess I gotta make sure you live up to the hype!" I add with a smile.

He instructs me to lay down on my stomach, then (if I'm okay with it) to lift up my shirt so he can have access to my back. (I think I wrote earlier that she was in a nightgown but ignore that lol)

As he adjusted his position to hover over my back I was a little nervous, but the second his hand touched my skin my body relaxed. His hand traced up and down my smooth skin, he made patterns and I thought I would fall asleep. It was heavenly, I hadn't been touched like this in well- forever.

After about 10-15 minutes I felt myself start to fully drift off to sleep. I woke up a few moments later hearing Mirabels laugh and Luisa's scowl. They were teasing her about the village boy.

I lifted my head and got back into a sitting position while pulling my shirt back down. Camilo retracted his hand and smiled sweetly.

"Did you fall asleep?" He asked tenderly.

"Yeah, I guess you do live up to the hype." I pressed my finger to the tip of his nose. His face lit up like a firework.

I turned to listen into Mirabel and Luisa's conversation, glancing at Camilo occasionally. He looked so handsome in his pajamas. I almost wished it was just me and him so I could hold him in my arms. He seemed so warm.

People broke off into the most random conversations. It was hilarious even if it wasn't *actually* hilarious. Camilo turned into different adults and pretended to scold the kids. Everyone was cracking up and after awhile we all sat down again. Mirabel began asking the weirdest questions.

"Okay Dolores, honest question. How many chickens do you think you could fight at once?" Mirabel asks with a smile. Dolores looks at her with a humorous expression.

"267." She states confidently. Everyone turns to look at her.

"Why so specific?" Luisa asks.

"Well you asked me how many chickens I could take, I told you how many chickens!" Dolores says shrugging her shoulders.

Everyone breaks out into a fit of laughter. One of those laughing moments where there's no recovering because the second you make eye contact with ANYONE you're stuck laughing again.

"I can't with you guys." Isabela says finally catching her breath. "Let's go do something fun, it's not late enough to sleep yet." She says stretching her hands out.

Mirabels eyes perk and she grabs the flashlights.

"Flashlight tag?"

Everyone smiles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone! Hope you guys liked this chapter! Sorry I'm posting so late again, family stuff. Hopefully you guys like this fic, It started our kinda angsty but I think I'm liking the more wholesome side. Thank you for reading and I love seeing everyone's comments! Have a great day. <3