Chapter 1

(Fine Line By Harry Styles)

Wilbur's Pov

"Hey Wilbur!" Skylar called out as she walked down the hallway.

"Hey Skylar!" I called out to her with the same energy.

I've been spending the New Year with Skylar, Ranboo, Techno, Belle, and the Dream Team.
It was honestly a change.

I was terrified of changing my routine. Normally I went to the hospital and spent it with her. But I've been slowing my visits down, and taking time for myself.

Don't get me wrong! I still go, but I just needed a moment to breathe in my own space. I couldn't bring myself to continue to see her everyday, for seven years, with no response.

She would tap my hand three times here and there, but the doctors are losing hope.

So I booked a flight to America as a break. A much needed break. A breath of weird Florida air. Sapnap was in a mood, but Skylar said it was a normal occurrence that happened now.

Ever since Harley left, Nick hasn't been the same. You can tell too. Even the fans can tell that he's different.

"I wanted to talk to you about something actually." She spoke, wearily of the conversation she was about to invoke.

"Whatever you want to ask, please just get it over with."

"I'm coming back to Brighton with you."

"Why are you doing that-?"

"Ranboo is going to hang out with Tubbo, Tommy, Billzo, Freddy, and Eryn. I'll see Nora and Zana. But I want to see some of the world from your point of view."

"You want to meet her." I nodded my head confirming where this conversation was going.

"I don't only want to meet her, I want to know her. If she's really such an important person in your life, I want to be by your side."

"I hate that you're growing up. It makes me feel old."

"I'm only 18." She shrugged with a smile on her face.

"Okay. You're coming back to Brighton with me." I said, convincing myself that this would be good.

"Our flight is tonight by the way!" Skylar sang, as she ran to the garage.

"What?!" I shouted as I ran to the guest room and started packing my things.

You know, the break was nice and all, but I can't wait to go home. I took off my shirt, so I could change into something more comfortable, and I looked in the mirror.

The tattoo over my heart stared at me.

I blinked, thinking it would disappear, but I knew it wouldn't. Nobody knew that this existed on me. But, sometimes things are best kept secrets.

The cursive handwriting was exactly like hers, and the black ink with the red heart next to it. Her finger print was outlined in black inside the heart.

That heart was on my heart. Because our souls did not meet by accident, they met on purpose.

I quickly put on a more comfortable shirt before packing my bags. I made sure I had everything together and with me. God, I can't wait to go home.

When we were all ready, Dream drove us to the airport, leaving us three together. We followed Skylar around the airport lik lost puppies, but she got us on the correct flight so I had no problem with that.

Though we probably looked like bodyguards. A five foot woman with two guys about six foot. I wonder how many people got scared.

"Are you ready to see Brighton from my point of view?" I asked her as she sat down in the middle of Ranboo  and I.

I was on the window side and Ranboo was on the aisle side.

"One hundred percent." She said with a smile as the plane took off.

I stared out of the window watching the plane fly through the air. It feels like only yesterday that I was flying to Florida.

But it feels good to be going home. I couldn't wait to see her, I wanted to see her so badly. This is the longest time I've been away from her.

687 Words