Chapter 17

(Right Where You Left Me By Taylor Swift)

Daytona's Pov

"Are you sure you want to do this? I don't know if you should be walking this much-" He tried to reason with me and I just shook my head.

"I need to get out of this house. And no offense Wilbur, I need to eat something better than grilled cheese." I tied my shoes and he put on his coat.

"But I don't want you to overwork yourself, i'll go and get food, shit, never mind i can't leave you alone."

"Please, Wilbur?" I pouted and batted my eyes.

"Fuck off." He spoke quickly as he grabbed my hand.

"If we are going then we aren't going far." He opened the door and walked out. I followed and he locked the door.

"I never said that we did."

He held onto my hand as we walked down the street. He stayed at my pace, and never made me move quicker. It was nice.

The fresh air on my skin was a new feeling that I had been craving. We stopped outside of a small diner and I smiled. It was a nice place. He held the door open and I walked in.

The first thing I noticed about the place was the soft music playing in the background. The warm brown tones surrounding the place, with little accent marks of forest green.

He walked over to a table. Why is a fucking table holding so much importance? I sat down across from him and felt my eyes drift down to the top of it.

"Hey Will!" A guy called out to us after we sat down.

I feel like I've been here before. This feels all too normal.

"Hey boss man." Wilbur laughed as the guy walked over to us.

"I'm not your boss anymore- oh my god- someone pinch me." He looked at me and froze in place.

I stared at him with a friendly smile on my face. I waved at him and he stayed frozen.

"Will, is this some sort of sick joke? Did you make a clone-"

"No! I didn't make a clone- Daytona, this is my old boss, you met him a couple times in the past."

"You want your normals?" He looked at both of us and Wilbur nodded.

He then walked away and went behind the counter.

"What are our normals? Oh! Can this be our memory for today?" I excitedly asked and he smiled softly at my reaction.

"Do you want it to be?"

I nodded my head quickly and he laughed.

"Strawberry Milkshake and rootbeer." He placed them both in front of us and I smiled.

He walked away and Wilbur leaned his elbows on the table.

"I worked here. I was a waiter and you showed up every day that I worked. Sat in that exact seat you're sitting in and always ordered the same thing."

"So this place holds a lot of memories of us?" 

"A lot."

"What one is your favorite?"

"So-" A smile lit up on his face and I leaned forward in anticipation.

We walked into the diner. It was my day off but we still ended up finding our way here. You had just won your race, and my parents were there, your dad, and Max. Ryder and Ember had to go to Liana's birthday.