Chapter 20

(Hard Boy By Frawley)

Daytona's Pov

TW- Fighting

The rain was pouring down as I walked down the steps and started heading down the street.

"Get back inside Jareds-" He ran outside and after me.

"It's Daytona! Get it through your thick skull!" I shouted back, turning around to face him.

"Get back inside, the last thing we need is for you to get sick." He tired to reason with me and I scoffed.

"Now you fucking care about me?"

"Ja-"

"Day-" I tried to correct him but he cut me off.

"Dont finish that senetnce. You've always been Jareds to me, remember me or not. I've always fucking cared about you!" He screamed and I felt the anger building up.

"Someone got there fucking heart broken while i was gone, it shows Wilbur."

"You want to know who broke my heart?! You did! You fucking did!"

"Me?! You fucking treat me like i dont exist! You won't even tell me what we were!" I let my hands rise and fall, hitting my legs in frustration.

"You want to know so badly?!" He shouted and I rolled my eyes.

"Sh-"

"Do you want to know so badly Jareds?!"

"Sure Wilbur! Tell the whole fucking world!" I waved my hands and wiped the rain that was falling onto my face.

"I loved you!" He screamed.

The rain poured down on the streets and sidewalks of Brighton. The streets were quiet, no cars driving by, no people walking.

"And guess what! I still do."

I couldn't speak. I felt like I couldn't move. My feet were stuck in place and I felt frozen.

"And i couldn't tell you that because before you got into your accident i never even told you! You left me- and i didnt even get to tell you how much I loved you."

His words kept hitting me over and over again, and it all started to make sense.

"Stop walking away from me!" He shouted standing in front of me and making me stop.

The water fell down from his face. Both from the rain and his tears.

"Then why are you pushing me away?" I sobbed out and his chest kept rising and falling from screaming.

"I'm scared Jareds. Im so fucking scared."

"You keep-"

"I don't want to lose you. Not again." He put his hand on my cheek and I felt my heart beat faster.

"When I said I loved you, I meant it. I can't lose you because if I did, I'd lose my best friend, my smile, my everything. Because you are my safe place. I already lost you once, I'm not losing you again."

The silence was deafening, and I knew that terrified him. I can't wrap my head around it. I looked down at my hands and his other one grabbed onto them. I noticed the scars on his hands, and knuckles.

"Say something. Anything."

I threw myself into his embrace and cried. I cried like I've never cried before and he held me up.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize." He kissed the top of my head.

"Can we go inside now, because i'm going to be honest, I'm freezing." I laughed and nodded my head.

I stood in the doorway of the house and I caught my breath.

531 Words