Chapter 3

(Goodbye My Lover By James Blunt)

Wilbur's Pov

I knocked on the door with a smile on my face.

"I'm so excited!"

I smiled as the door opened and I was meeted with Ember.

"Will! Guys Will is here!" She called out to the flat before hugging me and letting me inside.

She closed the door behind me and I took the flat in. Just the way it always has been.

"Wilbur!" Ryder clapped his hands before hugging me.

"Jesus you've gotten taller in a month." I said to Max, causing him to laugh.

"It's good to see you Will." He said quietly as he hugged me.

"It's good to see you again, Max."

Liana walked around with a towel hanging over her shoulder.

"Max, you're the bloody cook! So finished fucking cooking!" Liana snapped, throwing the towel at him.

"Sorry babe! It's Wilbur, I had to stop."

"You didn't have to. Wilbur, it's so good to see you again!" Dylan said. as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Welcome home, Will." Dylan mumbled, holding onto me like I was going to disappear.

I didn't mind that fact, I held onto him with the same strength. His arms were the closest thing I could get to hers.

"Please stop hugging my father now. I will start to think that he loves you more than me."

I rolled my eyes and slowly backed away from him.

"Liana." I said in a monotone voice, trying to hide the smile that was forming.

"Wilbur Soot!" She cheered dramatically before running into my arms with her arms flying.

She always did this. Every month when we met up at one of our places, she would always do this exact same thing.

She reminded me so much of Skylar. I knew that the two would get along, and I was waiting for the day to introduce them.

I hoped that it would be soon, but then again. Nobody knows what the future holds.

Liana lived here with Max and Dylan. They have been dating for about 5 years. It took Max a while to open up to her after November 7th. But they got through it.

They always did.

She would've been so happy knowing that her ship worked.

I sat down at the dining table next to Dylan, Ember and Ryder sat down next to each other. Ember looked different.

There was something off about her.

She was nervous, picking at her nails like she does when she gets nervous. Dylan smiled at me, while Liana and Max set the table.

"Are you sure you two don't need help?" Ember asked as they both shook their heads no.

"We've got it covered, Ember." Liana smiled softly at her before going back to the kitchen.

I looked around at the dining room. Her medals were hung up on the walls, pictures covered the walls as well. And her trophy case was in the corner.
It was just how everything was left.

"How are you doing son?" Dylan asked, snapping me out of my trance.

"Besides the breakdown I had last night, I'm doing well. My friends from America are here, spending some time with more friends."

"You should've brought them."

"Another time, maybe."

"They don't know, do they?"

I shook my head no in response before Dylan smiled sadly.

"Have you gone to visit her recently?" Ember asked nervously.

"No I haven't. I haven't been able to bring myself to go..." I cleared my throat.

"Have you gone?" I asked them all as Liana and Max now sat down.

"I have... She needs more flowers." Max mumbled with a smile on his face as he looked at Liana.

"I'll buy a whole bloody flower shop, don't test me." I said which caused everyone to laugh.

"I wish I was there. I miss you all."

I could imagine her running around the flat like she used to. I wonder if they did anything to her bedroom, or left it the exact way she did.

I grabbed her necklace that hung around my neck out of reflex. She left them at my house the night before the accident.

It was almost like a departing gift. The necklace was a small wrench on a silver chain. Simple, but it was her. It was so her.

"You seem so nervous today." I said, looking at Ember who smiled.

"I have an announcement."

We all stopped eating and looked at her, which caused her to freak out even more.

"I'm pregnant."

All of us broke out into cheers as Ember laughed. Ryder's face was priceless. He definitely didn't know, which added the icing on top of the cake.

"I'm going to be an aunt!" Liana stood up and waved her arms in the air before running over and giving Ember a big kiss on her cheek.

"Get off! I'm gonna be a dad!" Ryder then shoved Liana off of his wife, then the siblings started bonding.

"Do you know whether it's a boy or a girl yet?" Dylan asked with a bright smile on his face.

"Do you all want to know?" She grabbed her purse and opened up an envelope.

"I haven't opened it yet. I wanted you all to be with me, if I did choose to."

"Open it!' Ryder begged, causing us all to laugh.

"Let me do it!" Liana said to which Ember handed her the eneveple and she sat back down.

"Do you have any names? Max asked as Liana put down her fork and opened the envelope.

"We have been talking about names since we've started trying." Ryder answered.

I am so proud of them two. They constantly are fighting for the things they want, and they are always winning. It's amazing seeing someone grow. But it's even more amazing, being able to grow with them.

"It's a girl!" Liana screamed, then Max screamed.

We all got up and hugged her. This was an amazing night. There was only one thing missing.

"Congratulations you two. I'm so proud of you guys." I smiled at them.

"So am i..."

"Another reason why I wanted to tell you all together..." Ember trailed off before whispering in Ryder's ear.

"We want you to be the baby's godfather, Will." Ryder said with a smile on my face.

"Daytona and I always talked about how she would be my future baby's godmother, and well... We want you to be the godfather in honor of her."

"Bloody hell I'm going to cry." I spoke as tears fell down my face.

"Is that a yes?" Ember asked with a smile on her face.

"Of course it's a yes!" I shouted as I hugged them both tightly.

1117 Words