Chapter 16

(Everything Has Changed By Taylor Swift And Ed Sheeran)

Daytona's Pov

"Let's get you checked out, clothes on, and ready to head out! God, I'm going to miss you. I wish I could just take you home with me." Angel smiled, finally taking the IV out of my arm.

I sighed in relief when I moved my arm around without being nervous. I stood up with her help and walked to the bathroom.

"Do you need my help getting changed?" She asked, setting the clothes on the sink.

"No thank you. I've got it." I smiled at her and she nodded.

"I will be right on the other side of this door. If you need anything just shout." She closed the bathroom door and I let out a breath.

Thank you Ember for the clothes.

I put on my pants, socks and shoes. I then pulled my shirt over my head and sighed. I grabbed the hoodie and debated on putting it on. I slipped on the brown hoodie and felt myself sinking into it.

Jesus, Ember you could've gotten my size. I walked out of the bathroom and Angel smiled at me.

"She's all yours, Wilbur." Angel hugged me after we walked out of the room.

He was leaning against the wall, his head facing the ground but it then shot up quickly once we walked out. He smiled once he noticed my appearance and his eyes lingered on the hoodie.

"Can we go home now?" I asked with a smile on my face and he nodded.

"My friend is waiting outside for us." He smiled, leading me out of the hospital.

"You don't drive?" I tilted my head in confusion.

"After your accident, I chose not to. I walk everywhere, and I'm not going to make you walk after you just got released. Don't worry, Phil is a nice guy. You met him before..." I nodded my head so he knew that he didn't have to finish the sentence.

We were rocky. We haven't spoken a lot since last week when I fell asleep in his arms. He was making me feel these strange strong emotions and i didnt know how to feel about it. I was scared, I still am.

"Daytona, this is Phil." Wilbur introduced us and I smiled at him.

"I'm taller than you!" I cheered and he laughed.

"You did grow some. It's good to see you again, Daytona." He spoke softly, hugging me.

I stayed in his embrace for a couple minutes. He felt like a father. He had that warm fatherly hug to him. Once we pulled apart Phil got into the car.

I stared at the car and Wilbur held the door open for me.

"Jareds?" He questioned as I stared at the car.

"You sure we can't walk?" My voice wasn't above a whisper.

He closed the front door and opened the back.

"Come on. I'll be right next to you." He grabbed my hand lightly and I got into the car. He sat right next to me and held my hand.

"Don't focus on it. Focus on something else. Like look at Brighton, you're outside, how does it feel?"

"I feel great! I'm so glad I'm out of there. I started to feel like I was going crazy."

"You're a good kind of crazy, Jareds."