3) tHaT's nOt wHAt YoUrE gOiNg tO wEaR iS iT?

Camilo's POV

I finally got home from helping around in the village and were about to go get ready for dinner, but then Abuela stopped me. "Camilo, a new family moved here yesterday, and they are having dinner with us. They have a daughter your age, so please be respectful and try to look nice. " The comment hurt a bit, didn't I always look nice? Wait, could it be the girl I saw talking to Mirabel? That'd explain why I hadn't seen her before. "Yes ma'am." She excused me, and I went up to my room to change my clothes since they were a bit dirty. Just as I had changed clothes, I heard a knock at my door. "Come In!" The door opens to reveal Mirabel. I debate asking her about the girl she was hanging out with, but I decided to see what she wants first. "Hey prima, what's up?" She walked in and sat on a chair, "So Camilo, as you may know there's a new girl in town our age, and her family are coming over for dinner." A slight blush creeps to my face at the thought of seeing her again. "Mhm, that all you wanted to say?" Mirabel opened her mouth to say more, then stopped, looked at my outfit, then back at me. "That's not what you're going to wear is it?" "What's wrong with what I'm wearing?" "..." I roll my eyes, and shift into Mirabel. "tHaT's nOt wHAt YoUrE gOiNg tO wEaR iS iT?" I say in a mocking hitch-pitched tone. Mirabel barrels over laughing, then catches her breath to tell me, "Camilo I'm being serious! You look like you don't have a house." "I didn't have a house when you brought it to shambles." She rolled her eyes and threw her hands up, "Well, congratulations! We rebuilt it and now you have a house, so go change!" I give into my cousins request with an exasperated "Fine!" I walk over to my closet to grab a different outfit, "Hurry up and leave so I can get changed" "I'm leaving, I'm leaving. Just make sure you look nice, I want you to make a nice impression." "Mirabel, you're acting like my mother." She shrugs her shoulders, and as she's leaving states, "Who knows (y/n) might end up being your wife one day." And with that statement She closes the door, and I stare dumbfounded at the closed door, desperately needing one of Tía Julieta's arepa con quesos.