12) Dreams and Siblings Are Annoying

(y/n)'s POV

You have your head on Camilo's shoulder, the two of you watching the gorgeous sunset. "This sunset is so beautiful.", you exclaim. "Not as beautiful as you." You feel a slight pink tint rise to your face. You play it off with a light laugh. "Stop Camilo." He takes his head off your head and shifts to where he was facing you. "No I mean it (y/n). I've never met someone like you before. You make me happy. I love you." You were facing him too. Your mouth had opened slightly in shock. "Camilo..." He sheepishly rubs his neck. "It's okay if you don't feel the sa-" You cut him off by kissing him. He's frozen, but only for a moment. He leans into the kiss and you know you definitely loved him too. You pull away and look him in the eyes. You're both smiling. "Camilo, I love you too." He goes to kiss you again, and as you lean in, your eyes shoot open. You glance and see Camilo. Staring at you. Did last night actually happen? Or are you just imagining things? You weren't exactly sure. It seemed so real. "Good morning, Bonita." There's his nickname for you. It would make sense if yesterday did really happen since of the nickname. "Did we..." You were going to ask about last night, but you weren't exactly sure how to ask it. "Yeah, we fell asleep here. Your parents won't be too mad right?" Is he too embarrassed to talk about the confession? Or was it all a dream? Oh well, you suppose it'd be better to talk about it later. "I'm sure it'll be fine, what about yours?" He rubbed his neck. "My dad won't be too mad, but mama..." Oh shoot. His mom, right. She controls the weather and gets stressed a lot. Not a great combo. "We're gonna return to a hurricane, aren't we?" He laughs and gets up. "Probably. Come on, let's go see the damage." He holds out his hand to help you get up. You smile and take his hand. Once you get back, his cousin, Isabela, takes him back home. He's probably going to be in a lot of trouble. You feel a little guilty since you were the reason he didn't come back home. As he's jogging home, he turns back to you and says, "Bye (y/n)!" "Bye Milo!" You're not sure why you chose the shortened version of his name as a nickname, but it seemed to fit him. You head home hoping your parents won't be too mad. You walk into the house hoping to go straight to your room. "Well, look who decided to show up!" Of course, you had no such luck. "Heyyyy big bro...how you been...?" He was leaning against a wall, "Good, good. And what about you? You weren't at dinner yesterday." You scoffed. "For your information, I was with the Madrigals." He chuckles, not lightheartedly, but sort of sinisterly. "Is that why Mirabel Madrigal came by, not only asking where some boy was, but also where you where?" Welp. You stayed silent because there wasn't a way out of this. You should have thought of a better lie or something. "And I'm gonna take a gamble and say that you and this boy were together?" "It's none of you business." He ignored your comment and continued talking. "First, running off at dinner, now, staying out late! My my! Someone's become quite a rebellious child! And to think I covered for you to mom and dad! It'd be such a shame if they were to find out..." "You're not seriously blackmailing me are you?" He shrugged his shoulders. "You tell me." You groaned in frustration. "What is it that you want? I'll give it to you, just don't. tell. mom. and. dad." He waves his hand in dismissal. "Fine, fine. I won't tell them, assuming you get me a date with Isabela." "WHAT?!" "I want a date with Isabela." You roll your eyes. "Why don't you just ask her yourself?" "Well, as handsome and gorgeous as I am, there's no guarantee that she'll say yes, but if I make you do it, it'll definitely be a yes." "And if I say no..?" He shrugs his shoulders again, and begins to walk away. "Well then I'll just have to have a nice chat with madre y padre." "You little piece of shi-" But before you could finish your sentence, he had already closed his room door. Feeling more exhausted than before, you go to lie down in your room. Maybe you could ask Mirabel about what to do? They were sisters after all. You decided this is a good idea, drift off into sleep for a nice, quick nap.