8) Morning With Mirabel

(y/n)'s POV

You wake up in the morning, feeling energized. Today you were going to hang out with Camilo. Actually, you don't think you came up with a time to hang out. Um, oh well you suppose you'll just go find him later. You get ready and head into the kitchen. "Hey mom!" "Hi sweetie, I made eggs and bacon." "No thanks. I'm not hungry." Your mother looks annoyed. "Well you need to eat something." To please her, you grab a plate and start putting eggs and bacon on it. "Sorry, I'll eat some of the breakfast you made." You sit down and eat your breakfast. After finishing, you clean off your dish and leave the house. It was another beautiful day. You walk out onto the street and not after long, Mirabel sees you. "(y/n)!" She's jogging over to you, and you meet her halfway. "Hey Mirabel! Sorry we didn't get to hang out much yesterday. I didn't expect that Camilo and I would get trapped in the walls." She face palms and replies, "Ohhhh, that's where you guys went. No wonder we couldn't find you. It's fine though. Wanna hang out right now? I don't have anything to do." You rub your arm nervously. You don't wanna blow off Mirabel again for Camilo, especially since she's been so nice and showed you around town. You decide that it wouldn't hurt to hang out for a little since you weren't sure where Camilo was. "Yeah, that sounds like fun. I'm supposed to hang out with Camilo later, but I'm not sure where he is." Mirabel begins walking and you skip over to her side and walk together. "Mi primo is probably out in the village making someone smile. He'll come find you once Abuela says he can stop chores for a little." You smile and nod your head, "Oh okay. Mirabel, if you don't mind me asking, why don't you really have anything to do around the village, but everyone else in your family does?" She seems to tense up a little at the question, but soon relaxes and answers, "Oh, well my Abuela used to look down on me for not having a gift, but she apologized, and I forgave her. But people don't change overnight or anything. It's not like my life's a movie." She chuckles, an attempt to make her depressing answer seem light. "Oh, that's- wow. I'm so sorry Mirabel." You didn't really know what to say other than 'sorry'. She shrugs. "It's fine. She doesn't mean to keep overlooking me, but old habits die hard. Ya know?" You lean your head on her shoulder as a display of affection. "Yeah, I kinda get it. I'm a middle child so I don't always get the most attention, but it's not as extreme as your family. Talk about family issues." You're both laughing now, and the two of you go to sit down by a fountain and just relax for a little bit. You both make light conversation and also talk about what the other one missed at yesterday's dinner. This continues on for a while, until you feel someone tap your shoulder. You turn around to see an elderly man. "Hello miss, I was wondering if you could help me. I'm looking for a girl who has (h/c), a cute smile, and takes forever to find in a small village." You laugh as the mischievous shapeshifter reveals himself. "I think I my have an idea of where she could be." He continues on with his little act and raises his eyebrows, "Oh thank you miss. Any information would be helpful." You roll your eyes and continue to play along. "Well I believe she was last spotted sitting at the water fountain with another young girl, Mirabel Madrigal." Mirabel butts into your little roleplay thing you have going on and says, "Well, it seems my time with (y/n) has come to an end. Camilo, I'll let you take her from me. Behave." He shapeshifts into a child and crosses his arm, "Prima, you're acting as though I'm a child!" She laughs a little at his pun and begins to walk away adding, "Well you sure look like one!" And with that, he changes back to himself once more and turns to you. "Well Bonita, are you ready to spend your afternoon with the most charming Madrigal?" He holds out his hand as he did the night before, "Oh, I didn't realize Mariano got married into the family! My congratulations go to Dolores." He retracts his hand in shock. "Well, fine then." He changes into Mariano. "NOW, are you ready to spend your afternoon with the most charming sort of Madrigal?" You laugh and respond, "No, I'd rather hang out with Camilo, but thanks for offering Mariano. He changes back and throws his hands up in the air. "Will you quit making this so difficult!" You're now barreling over with laughter at Camilo's response, and soon, his anger gives way to laughter and you're both laughing. It was a good start to your afternoon with Camilo Madrigal.