P L A Y I N G T H E G A M E - C H A P T E R 7

Chapter 7

The front door opened and Amal came face to face with Casper and his one night stand. Amal's eyes drifted from the woman who was actually well dressed—but way overdressed, to the point it was obvious what she was there for. Before Amal could say anything, the blonde big breasted Russian awkwardly excused herself, uttering a quick bye to Casper before scurrying past her and down the driveway.

Amal's gaze then returned to Casper's, glaring at him like a parent who had gotten a bad report about their child in class. She said nothing as he also stared back at her expressionlessly. Over a minute must've past when she finally opened her mouth, her tone suggesting full disgust.

"Really?"

"What?" He replied, finally turning and heading back inside. His eyes were dark red like he'd been sleeping, but he might've just been smoking. He went over to the table and got a stick of gum out of a pack sitting on the table. Amal didn't know if it was his or the whore's who fled out in a hurry and she didn't even want to think about it.

She rose her eyebrows at his nonchalance, she knew they weren't together and technically he could do what he wanted, but to think he would have a little more leniency and respect for her heart. "You just don't care do you? You can't stop, why do you feel you need to be with so many women? What does that do for you?" She asked slamming the door behind her and walking further in the house with her arms crossed and eyes narrowed.

Casper sighed, causing her to get even more angrier. "Yeah whatever, sigh all you want Joseph! It's a different woman every day!" She shouted, her voice cracking.

She immediately tucked her bottom lip in her mouth when Casper glanced at her. She brushed her tears away before they could fall and he didn't say anything, instead finding a seat on the black swivel stool in the kitchen. Amal went and got a piece of tissue to wipe her face, hurting more at the fact Casper didn't even seem to care how hurt she was. He was ready to discuss business. She walked over to him and stood a good six feet away, knowing she had to do the same. Now was not the time for this.

She knew she was in the wrong because she agreed to his five year plan to live his life as a single man, then brought it up every chance she got. But she was a dummy in love and it still hurt seeing him with other women no matter what she agreed to. It was just sex to him, but to her it was more than that. Amal was afraid he would one day gain an emotional connection to one of these women and leave her.

Casper loved Amal and one day wanted her as his wife. But as of now—she wasn't. Nor was she his girlfriend either. He wasn't cheating on her, so she was getting on him about shit he literally was entitled to do. He could do what he wanted, he was twenty one and wasn't allowing anybody to force him into something he wasn't ready for.

His icy gray eyes made a precise turn in her direction, but her attention was on the ceiling as if the off white paint job suddenly interested her. Casper ignored her attitude as he began to explain why he called her.

"I got a worker coming to pick up the bricks from you. But you won't be here alone, before he gets here I'll have the house filled with shooters." Casper hardly involved Amal in his street dealings. He hated it honestly, but at the same time she had to be his last minute resort and she was very unsuspecting. She'd be the last person police or rival dealers would look for.

Amal just nodded her head, still looking elsewhere.

"I got the work in this freezer right behind me," He said pointing to the white refrigerator a couple feet behind him. "Make sure he's in and out, you just give him the bricks and that's it, he should be gone after that. There should be no talking, no lingering around, nothing. Matter fact you don't even have to worry about allat. The dudes with you know whassup and how shit goes. I'm just having you there so these niggas don't try stealing nothing, this type of coke is pure and rare. I just need you as my reliable person to make sure the transaction goes smoothly. Aight?"