Love Triangle?

Krystal
The sky turned a dark navy after sunset. There was no light, other than the stars, moon, and the warm colors of the fire.

All of us were sitting on fallen logs and camping chairs that were circling the blazing fire. Most of the couples were cuddling in the camping chairs or sharing a blanket. Others were making out. Yuck, I know. So I decided to throw rocks at them.

We were telling scary stories, sharing embarrassing moments, singing campfire songs, munching on random snacks, etc. The usual things to do at a bonfire.

I was attempting to perfectly roast a marshmallow when I saw my sister approaching me. I gave her a confused look when she sat down next to me.

"Hey baby sis. How are you?" She wrapped one side of her blanket around me, so we could both feel the warmth.

"Good I guess." I replied, trying to crack a smile.

"Don't lie to me Krys, I can see right through that fake smile. What's bugging you?" I sighed. There's really no use in keeping stuff from her, I mean she's my sister. I might as well tell her everything.

"I think I like Kai.." I said in a low voice. I didn't want anyone but Jess to know about my lil crush.

"Yeah I already know that." She laughed when I shot her a shocked look. How did she know? "I know you a lot better than you think." She replied, as if she read my mind.

"Anyway, why haven't you made a move yet?"

I sighed again. "He doesn't like me."

She gave me the are-you-kidding-me look and I gave her the why-are-you-looking-at-me-like-that look back.

"What?"

"Kai is like head over heels into you. Do you need to get your eyes checked when we get back to the city?" She leaned in and checked my forehead, teasingly.

"But isn't he dating Hyoyeon unnie?" I asked while glancing over at Kai and Hyoyeon sitting next to each other and whispering about something.

I was frowning when high pitched laughter rang in my ears. I looked over and saw Jess laughing and clapping her hands. She seriously looked like a retarded seal and I didn't hesitate to tell her.

After she calmed down, she shot me a playful glare. "They are not dating, Hyoyeon is dating Eunhyuk Sunbae."

I choked on my own spit and went into a coughing frenzy. I heard more high pitched laughter as I coughed up my organs. Once I stopped, I managed to croak out "She is?"

I face palmed when she nodded, not bothering to hide her smile. "Guess it's not a complicating love triangle anymore huh? Go get your man Krys." She patted me on the back before she stood up and skipped to Luhan, taking the warm blanket with her.

Yes, my sister, the ice princess, skipped to Luhan. It was a strange yet heart warming scene. Luhan somehow managed to kick down that wall of ice and cold glares.

I shivered when the warmth left. I frowned and looked at my feet. That's when I noticed my marshmallow was on fire. I totally forgot about my beautiful marshmallow because Jess came over and decided to play matchmaker.

I quickly blew out the small fire and stared at the black cube in front of me. Being the dumb person I am, I grabbed the marshmallow and tried to push it off of my stick. That did not work. Instead, I ended up with a slightly burned hand and pain. I may have hissed a bit too loud, because someone came over and started to examine my hand.

I looked up and saw Kai. My eyes widened and I pulled my hand back out of reflex. I quickly apologized when I saw a look of hurt cross his wonderful face.

"U-uh I'm okay.." I said quietly while avoiding his gaze.

"You obviously burned yourself, let me see your hand." He said with a pinch of authority in his voice.

I gave in and stuck out my slightly pink and swollen hand. "Fine.."

He smiled and held my hand so he could get a better look. After a nomen he spoke up, "It doesn't seem too bad. We don't have any medicine for it though.." He looked around before a smirk appeared on his face. "An injury always heals faster with a kiss right?"

Before I could even respond, he placed a few butterfly kisses on my hand. I just stood there shocked when he flashed me a gorgeous smile.

"Oh..my god." I muttered, still staring at him. I felt heat rush to my cheeks.

"Awh you're blushing!" He cooed and poked my cheeks.

"Am not!" I argued and covered my warm cheeks.

"Cute." He replied with a smirk. "Hey Krystal... Um do you wanna come share a blanket with me? I mean you look really cold.. and I don't think there's anymore blankets around.. Only if you want to.. " He explained nervously.

I chuckled at the change in personality. He went from confident and sexy to shy and adorable in 2 seconds. I nodded and followed as he dragged me to his spot.

We sat down the log and he draped one side of his blanket on me, much like how Jessica did it. But for some reason, this time felt a lot more intimate. And my heart rate was a lot faster.

I unconsciously muttered "warm.."

I heard him chuckle. My heart rate sped up even more when I felt him wrap an around me and pull me closer. "Kai..?" He hummed in response.

"Do you really not like Hyoyeon unnie?" I asked quietly.

He chuckled again "I don't like her like that. I just admire her passion for dancing and we've gotten closer through dance. Besides, she has a boyfriend, and I have my eyes on someone else." He said the last part slowly.

"And who would that someone be?" I asked nervously. I was really hoping what Jessica said was right.

"Hmm.. She's sharing a blanket with me right now."

I smiled in joy. So he does like me. I snuggled up closer to him. It felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. The person I like, likes me back! That's a dream come true.

"Good. Because I like you too." I confessed as I looked up at him, finding him already looking at me.

"Who wouldn't? I mean look at me." He smirked while gesturing to himself.

"You're a lot cockier than I thought." I laughed.

"You still love me." He said as he hugged me tighter.

I hummed in response. I relaxed into his embrace and scanned the area. Everyone was laughing and playing. All together as one.

It was perfect. And it would stay that way.

Or so we thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Super sorry for not updating in so long! Please check our my other works though!

Hope you enjoyed this chappie! VOTE OR COMMENT PLEASE

SARANGHAE❤️