Volume 1 - Chapter 2 - Part 1

The day the students had been waiting for finally arrived. Today is the day every student will receive test results which will be emailed to them by the school. One week has passed after the end of the tests that each student took to enter the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Secondary School. The announcement of each student's graduation will be notified one week after the test takes place via email sent by the school to the email we provided to them at the time of registration.

I didn't really expect much to get into this school. Because when the test took place, I did not answer all the questions correctly even with my abilities. All the questions on the test were quite easy even for the five numbers in each question which had a fairly high level of difficulty for students who have just graduated from Junior high school. If I'm not mistaken, the questions given are questions for Senior High School students in the 1st and 2nd year batches.

I think the possibility of answering five questions whose difficulty level is quite different from the other questions may only reach 3% of students from all students who take the test.

The next test is a physical fitness test. Just like in the academic test, I used all the abilities I had. I just kept my score slightly above the national average that students usually have and finally the interview test. This last test is quite easy because it only asks a few personal questions such as the reason for going to school and these are various other questions that usually appear on school entrance tests.

One week has passed.

At 12.00 Am, I got an email sent by the school. I opened the email provided by the school casually and saw the contents of the message telling me about the results I received.

[Good afternoon, Mister Tsukasa Eijirou.

Congratulations on your acceptance to the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Secondary School. You will be placed in class B in the first year batch. We have attached a form in this email and we would like for you to complete this form because it relates to the school uniform which we will send to you along with the equipment.

From,

Director of the Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Secondary School.

Sakayanagi.]

Class B?

This question suddenly popped up in my mind regarding the class placement the school gave me. To be honest, even if I were accepted to enter this school, I always thought that the chances of me being placed in the lowest grade might be Class E or Class F because normally these classes were the lowest grade in my school.

I started to reflect on this and began to analyze all the possibilities. Assuming that the school is likely to admit only 200 to 240 students, this is a very small number of admissions compared to the number of applicants seeking admission to the school of more than 10,000 students. Thinking about the questions given to us during the academy tests, I think there are at least around 1000 to 2000 students who can solve these questions by getting a score of approximately 60 to 70. As for considering the score I got in the test, I just adjusted my score is 50.

Next on the issue of physical fitness. I think there are at least about 200 to 300 students who get a physical fitness score that exceeds the physical fitness score I currently have. Just from these two tests without adding a third interview test, there were at least around 2300 students who were better than me.

Then why can I pass and get a placement in class B?

This school isn't kidding, is it?

A myriad of questions reappeared after I finished doing some simple analysis until I came to one conclusion. By thinking about the analysis I did earlier, I think the analysis I did was not wrong. If there are 2300 people who get better grades than me, how come I can be accepted and placed in class B?

With a school that is directly under the government and also claimed to be a school that educates future generations of leaders, it's impossible to make mistakes in judgment, right?

I came to the conclusion that the test we did earlier was a formality. In fact schools have already started screening every student they will accept before this test takes place and that is likely during the three years of junior high school life. This test is conducted only to inform outsiders that this school has an entrance test and also eliminates every student who wants to enter this school.

With the analysis I did earlier, I also got information that this school is likely to judge each student based on the talent they have. If this school judges students to get into the school based solely on academic grades, many students who have good physical talents will not be accepted. I came to this conclusion from the results I got. With academic test scores that have been set quite low and physical fitness scores slightly higher than the national average, I have become increasingly convinced that this school judges its students by their talents.

However, one more question arises. Why was I placed in class B? Why not in class A?

I can only conclude because this school has not seen my true talent. Because from the moment I entered junior high school, I never showed any signs of moving. In fact, the last application development was only done when I was in elementary school and not in middle school. I also usually come to visit the library only wearing casual clothes after school time or on holidays and exercise, preferring to be in a closed location or in the morning hours where there are no busy activities.

After getting answers to various questions, I became calmer again. However, I also became more and more interested in this school. Heaving a sigh of relief, I opened the attachment of the document the school gave me and began to complete the document. The data that I must complete include the size of my clothes and the delivery address. After I completed all the contents of the document, I sent the document back to the school.

*Ding* *Ding* *Ding*

The sound of message sounds started coming in very quickly. I knew it was possible that my schoolmates were talking about the graduation announcement. I took out my cell phone and looked at our class group where there were already so many messages that I hadn't read. I entered the group and read the contents of the messages sent by my friends.

As I thought before, the content of the message sent by them is about the graduation notice. Every one of them informed them through words, some directly sent an email sent by the school to them. It took some time for me to be able to know every result obtained by my school friends.

After I finished reading the results given by my school friends, I immediately left the group because I didn't want them to know that I was online. They will definitely ask me about the results I received. I don't mind sharing my results, however, I also don't want to be the center of attention for being one of the students entering the school that every student wants. With a sigh, I turned off my cellphone, placed it on the table next to the laptop, and laid myself down on the chair while staring at the ceiling.

So... Am I the only one who passed into that school?

***********

I would place Tsukasa in class B. I don't think class B has a good enough leader figure. Class A has Arisu Sakayanagi, Class C has Kakeru Ryuuen, while for class D there are Kiyotaka Ayanokouji and Rokusuke Koenji. As for class B, there is only Ichinose. I think the level of ability that Ichinose has compared to the abilities of other class leaders is very far. I think she's on par with Horikita Suzune. That's why I put him in class B. Thank you for the input and comments you gave me.