Volume 1 - Chapter 6 - Part 3

We arrived at the auditorium building that will be used as the venue for the school club introduction week event. We saw that many students had gathered and there were also booths set up by each club to await the arrival of a student who wants to come to join their club.

"Hey, Tsukasa-kun"

Just as we arrived, suddenly from our right side. I heard a woman's voice calling out to me. We all spontaneously looked away and saw Kushida who was walking towards us with a female student with her. The female student has the appearance of a small body like Kushida, and has dark blue hair that is tied in two.

"We meet again, Kushida" I greeted him with a smile and looked at her girlfriend who was standing beside him, "Is she one of your friends in class?"

Kushida nodded and immediately introduced her friend, "Yes. He's one of my friends in class. Her name is Mei-Yu Wang."

"Mei-Yu Wang? Are you from China?" I asked the woman in Chinese with an international accent.

Mei-Yu Wang was quite surprised by the language used by me. Not only him, but all my classmates along with Kushida were quite surprised by my use of the Chinese language which was quite proficient.

"Are you from a Chinese family?" Mei-Yu Wang asked me in Chinese too with enthusiasm.

I shook my head, "No. It is just. As a child, I was quite interested in learning languages ​​and learning them. Well, I didn't expect the actions I took earlier to produce this kind of result. By the way, are you an international student? Or, you are actually Japanese but only one of your parents is Chinese?"

"I am second. I have a father who is from China while my mother is from Japan. I was born and grew up in Japan. My father has also changed his nationality from China to Japan after the marriage between my father and mother."

"I see."

The purpose of this school is to educate the future generation of Japan. It is very difficult for someone whose parents do not have full Japanese citizenship for their child to enter school here unless the student is an international student.

"Hey, hey. Can you two not use another language to speak? You two know that we don't understand the conversation you two are having." Yume said with a sullen face looking at me.

Mie-Yu Wang and I looked at each other and smiled and turned to look at my friends again while changing the language used to Japanese, "Ah, sorry. I never thought that it would be possible to meet someone with family ancestry from another country here."

I turned my attention back to Mei-Yu Wang, "By the way, it seems we don't know each other yet, do we? My name is Tsukasa Eijirou. I'm from class B. Please call me using my first name, I don't like being called by my last name. Nice to meet you, Mei"

"Nice to meet you too, Tsukasa-kun"

"Hey, Tsukasa-kun. Have you forgotten about us again?" Mako said with a sullen look at me.

"I didn't forget you guys my friends" I sighed and took some distance and started to introduce each party.

"Okay, guys. These two students are students from Class D. Kushida, Mei. Please introduce yourselves to my friends."

Kushida and Mei nodded excitedly.

"My name is Kikyou Kushida, I'm from Class D. Nice to meet you all"

"Greetings, Kushida-san"

"My name is Mei-Yu Wang. I'm also from Class D. You can call me Mii-chan. My friends in junior high school used to call me that because it was too difficult to call my name directly. Nice to meet you"